Is my regimin overkill ?

misterium

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a crown thinner. Started about half a year ago, I can feel it a bit more now but it's still not overly cosmetically noticable.

All men on my mom's side went bald especially up top.

So I take 1mg Propecia daily, then 5% minoxidil (currently I have 2% I bought the wrong bottle by accident), Nizoral.

(the BIG 3)

And I use Folligen spray, and conditioner, in rotation with Emu oil.
In rotation with Nizoral I use Nisim shampoo.

I take a daily multivitamin & also a Human Growth Hormone sublingual spray.

Is my routine overkill? I feel that it is solid and I want to maintain & regrow what has been shed/lost.

Any comments? :hairy:

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
Others might dissagree with me, but I think that for those of us who cant definitively classify ourselves on the Norwood scale and are noticing only the very beginnings of some thinning then some finasteride and a good multivitamin will suffice. The next step would be to add Nizoral and/or T/Gel. And if things keep getting worse add minoxidil.
I'd throw some MSM in there too for good measure. But mostly I believe finasteride to be sufficient until things get worse.

misterium

Reaction score
But now I'm afraid to stop the minoxidil cause it's been a few months and a few bottles so far.

Thanks for your thoughts..

I'll need some more opinions.

Anybody?

misterium

Reaction score
As far as the Norwood scale, I may be able to be classified as the lowest on the scale for vertex thinner. As there is still no visible scalp yet, but it's thinning so, I may be on the scale still.

I just use gel and slick my hair back which seems to conceil any excess thin spots.

It's all so confusing I wish I could figure out if I should drop anything from my regimine, I'd LIKE to drop the minoxidil but like I said, I'm worried now since I've been on it for a few months.. plus I heard that Propecia and minoxidil work well together. :/