Is Nano shampoo the same as Dr.Proctors regrowth shampoo?

cochise

Reaction score
I have heard that Nano shampoo has excellent thickening agents and was wondering if his Regrowth shampoo is essentially the same?

Regards,

Steve

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I think there may be some confusion here.

Dr Proctor = Nano Shampoo

Dr. Lee = Regrowth shampoo

Both are completely different.

Cassin

Reaction score
cochise said:
I'm pretty sure I read that he has cheaper version that was sold on lef.org??

Yeah it's confusing, what BHD and you both stated is correct.

If I remember right, Proctor has a few items that you can buy from other websites that are "Light" versions of his products. I think the shampoo form is one.

Since your already using Nizoral 2%, Dr Lees regrowth shampoo is not going to be of much help to you. But if you still want to try it, just use T/SAL before you use Nizoral 2% in the shower and you have the exact same effect. Because thats all Dr Lees over priced "regrowth" shampoo is.

NANO shampoo by Dr Proctor is has what he claims is a "Natural Minoxidil like" compound called Nanogens....I am sure it is helpful if you are using his Proxi formulas but alone I have my doubts. (Bryan please correct me if I am wrong here)

The best cosmetically thickening shampoos I have personally found are TIGI line products. I also read alot of good things about Revivogen shampoo, though I have never used it.

urban

Reaction score
Nano versus Regrowth shampoo? The amount of "PNO" in Nano was based on his own experiment, Dr Proctor's own scalp. Dr. Proctor mentioned that his own scalp is somewhat sensitve, so the amount of PNO was adjusted. Based on his own scalp sensitivity, i believe the amount of PNO is somewhat low.

If Regrowth shampoo is a "lite" version how much PNO could there be? I don't believe Dr. Proctor would put his reputation and name on a product that is inferior. I believe the "lite" version is just a marketing ploy and no more than that

cochise

Reaction score
Ok, I'm not crazy....

I just saw Dr.Proctors Regrowth Shampoo on http://www.lef.org. It's only $16.84 a bottle for members and $19.80 for non members. The description sounds just like Nano?? Do you think it's pretty much the same?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
urban said:
The amount of "PNO" in Nano was based on his own experiment, Dr Proctor's own scalp. Dr. Proctor mentioned that his own scalp is somewhat sensitve, so the amount of PNO was adjusted. Based on his own scalp sensitivity, i believe the amount of PNO is somewhat low.

???

What the hell do you mean by "PNO"??

Bryan

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
How could it be a typo? He said it FOUR times! And the very first time he used it he said: "The amount of 'PNO' in Nano...", which strongly implies that he knew exactly what he was typing.

Urban, what did you mean by that?

Bryan

Old Baldy

Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol:

(If you get it wrong in your head the first time, you could make the same mistake a million times thereafter though.)

urban

Reaction score
Bryan said:
How could it be a typo? He said it FOUR times! And the very first time he used it he said: "The amount of 'PNO' in Nano...", which strongly implies that he knew exactly what he was typing.

Urban, what did you mean by that?

Bryan

Yes, it was a typo! Took one look at my Nano bottle and saw Pyridin N-oxide, and started typing away.

But that's not the issue, is it?

Bryan, you knew exactly what i mean't. For you to quote "He said it FOUR times!, " was not about seeking the truth anymore, just total SARCASM!

You of all all people are an advocate of Dr. Proctors products. Again, you knew exactly what i mean't. Others appear to have.

I've read your many post in the past, and noticed how defensive you become. But winning arguements is not my forte. I would rather be LIKED than be RIGHT. Once in a while, Bryan, just walk away. You make a lot more friends that way.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

(If you get it wrong in your head the first time, you could make the same mistake a million times thereafter though.)

But that wouldn't be a "typo"! :wink:

Bryan

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
urban said:
Yes, it was a typo! Took one look at my Nano bottle and saw Pyridin N-oxide, and started typing away.

But that's not the issue, is it?

Bryan, you knew exactly what i mean't.

No I didn't. That's why I ASKED you what you meant.

urban said:
For you to quote "He said it FOUR times!, " was not about seeking the truth anymore, just total SARCASM!

Nope. In fact, if you'll think about it just a little, you'll realize that comment wasn't even directed at YOU, it was directed at "Old Baldy". You are too sensitive, my friend.

urban said:
You of all all people are an advocate of Dr. Proctors products. Again, you knew exactly what i mean't. Others appear to have.

Nope. I had no idea where you got the term "Pno", or what you really meant by it.

urban said:
I've read your many post in the past, and noticed how defensive you become. But winning arguements is not my forte. I would rather be LIKED than be RIGHT. Once in a while, Bryan, just walk away. You make a lot more friends that way.

YOU are the defensive and sensitive one. If you get excited when someone asks you to explain what you meant by something, I suggest to you that maybe you should just avoid posting in Internet forums. You may not really have the temperament for it.

Bryan

Old Baldy

Reaction score
But that wouldn't be a "typo"!

Oh Bryan, you ain't right!! :D Was it the Forrest Gump movie that had the famous line "stupid is as stupid does"?

Urban: We all make mistakes, no shame. I'll bet I've made alot more mistakes in my life than you have. :oops: Btw, I agree that his regrowth shampoo is probably very good stuff. He wouldn't allow his name to be put on ineffective crap IMHO.