Is Nizoral a life long commitment?

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well..its a medicine to treat dermatitis. And someone on this forum showed up a study that claimed that long term ketoconazole can cause cancer.

Now since finasteride and minoxidil both are life long treatments...and Nizoral is a must with them...can someone tell me how long to keep using Nizoral for?

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I never heard that Nizoral can give you cancer. Don't believe everything you read on the internet or message board. You don't have to use Nizoral if you don't want to. As long as you use Propecia then you will be okay.

G

I believe that it works in synergy with the finasteride to improve results. It also thickens the hair a little over time. There was a study done on Nizoral use showing an average thickening of about 6-7% of hair over a year or so.

Not a massive amount of thickening but I work on the basis that if it is very slowly getting a tiny bit thicker, it's not getting thinner.

everyday i read about something else apparently causing cancer - deodorants, shampoos, phones, finasteride, nizoral etc.

It makes me laugh! i wonder how many balding guys are out there that refuse to take finasteride becuase of long-term usage worries, but smoke 20+ day and get wrecked evry weekend?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
nexus81 said:
And someone on this forum showed up a study that claimed that long term ketoconazole can cause cancer.?

lets break this down a little....How was the ketaconazole administered in the study? topically or orally?....yes Nizoral comes in pill form too.

Faston

Reaction score
If you look closely at the report, ketoconazole is not considered a carcinogen. If you click its link, it tells you it is considered potentially unsafe because of "pregnancy concerns"

The actual chemical that is a suspected carcinogen is Cocamide MEA. For this it states "May form carcinogenic compounds called nitrosamines on the skin or in the body after absorption". It is contained in 122 other shampoos.

As long as I'm not pregnant, I'm not going to think twice about using Nizoral.

G

As long as I'm not pregnant, I'm not going to think twice about using Nizoral.[/quote]

Right on brother! Long live the pink sh*t! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have read claims that using ketoconazole can cause health problems in the long term, though I am not sure in which way it was taken(oral/topical). Nizoral is a life long commitment. If you consudering using it you should get your self educated on the product and have a long hard think about using this product.