is not working to take a half proscar, bi-daily?

thomas040

Established Member
Reaction score
the reason I asked is because the first 6 months, being on proscar I took the doctors advice, and split it into two, and took it mon/wed/fri... with the weekend off..

then I started reading this forum, and realized I could divide into four, and take it everyday..

should I then consider the first half year of being on proscar as a total waste of time, as it has never worked at full effect?

So in reality, I have only been on proscar for half a year now, instead of a full year...? Is that why my hairloss is still getting worse, because it's only begun to work now...

or am I simply a bad responder...?[/img]

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
very tough to say, because the only true data that we have is on taking 1mg a DAILY. there is no real evidence either way to say that taking 2.5 three times a week was beneficial or not. my guess, is that the fluctuations of taking it at those doses only three times a week would not be very effective, although you probably blocked some DHT, it didn't do you much good. definitely stick with it for another six months.

thomas040

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks

that's what I thougt too.... I'm banging my head against the wall, for not doing this from the start.. but hey.... times is just a head:)

sadhairloss

Reaction score
guys... I am confused too.. i have been having around 1.25 of proscar for the past 5 months now and dont see any great difference from what it was before.. I have been using minoxidil too for the past 1.5 years. The frontline is receding and thinning has continued as well.

can anybody give me a better advice or should i wait and see if it gets better.. does it really take that long to work?

sadhairloss

Reaction score
Buffboy said:
sadhairloss said:
does it really take that long to work?
Yes. Give it at least a year. At least.[/i]

Thank you Sir. You think I should add something more to my regimen other than Rogaine and Proscar. I have heard a lot about copper peptides but I have no clue what they are, and where to get them. Is there a place online I can order nizoral 2%?

Thanks.