Is Propecia SUPPOSED to stop shedding in order to work?

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have gotten any kind of positive results from Propecia (maintenence is a positive result of course) did you feel that Propecia halted or slowed down your daily shedding? I am on month 6 and for 6 months I have been shedding more than baseline with no end in sight. So I want to try and see if Propecia has to reduce or stop shedding in order to work.

V225

Reaction score
m8 i am in the same situation with you
If anyone has an answer on this pls reply

G

it's different for everybody. usually how it works it that you start taking it, it fucks up your hair cycle into the growth stage (which is slow) so your hair falls out so new hair can grow in.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
For my case, propecia actually reduce my hair loss in the first 2 weeks, but I'm shedding like hell since the third week. MAN, now I'm in the 4th week. and my hair fall gradually reduced again. but when I was experiencing shed. I shed more of those tiny hair...anyone experiencing the same as me?

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
I experience the same. My hair has been brittle for the last 6 months and feels thin. I'm at around 11 months now so i'm hoping it finally starts to work.

calgary2800

Reaction score
I'm at the 10th month and my center area is getting thinner than ever. So frustrating. I was beginning to see slight regrowth till a few weeks back.