Is RU working in your case?

Is RU working in your case?

• Yes, a great improve (thickering + regrowth + stopping hair loss)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, a moderate improve (thickering + stopping hair loss, no regrowth)

• Yes, but not much (like minoxidil, ketoconazol...)

• Other options (specify in a new post)

• Total voters

el_duterino

Reaction score
RU will work well to stop further hairloss provided your hair can react well to a lack of androgens.

If you are having some positive results on finasteride then RU will work very well - and without the side effects.

Ideally, you need hair that is still healthy and capable of producing normal length hair shafts - that is why starting RU ASAP is a must

Ende

Reaction score
A lot of people get side effects from RU58841. Some people are more sensitive, but it's dose dependent. It's possible to use it without side effects, but not all tolerate 50 or 100 mg a day.

TheInvincible

Reaction score
been on it for 2-3 months and my loss has definitely stopped.
and I am an ideal candidate according to el duterino's standards.

peloncete1989

Reaction score
el_duterino said:
RU will work well to stop further hairloss provided your hair can react well to a lack of androgens.

If you are having some positive results on finasteride then RU will work very well - and without the side effects.

Ideally, you need hair that is still healthy and capable of producing normal length hair shafts - that is why starting RU ASAP is a must

I see your point, but I'm not sure about comparing RU with finasteride or dutasteride.

Basically, because RU is an anti-androgen, and finasteride and dutasteride, aren't.

finasteride and dutasteride, are 5-a reductase inhibitors, which has nothing to do with the anti-androgens.

An anti-androgen blocks the effect of the androgen, an inhibitor inhibits the conversion of a prohormone into the active hormone... but doesn't stop the action of T or DHT on the follicle.

So, with dutasteride we are avoiding the 96% of conversion (after 0.5 mg during 5 years according with the studies) on blood, and about a 78% in the follicle, but T and free-T still "attacking" our follicles.

If RU it's a REAL antiandrogen, we are avoiding the effect of T and DHT (it doesn't matter if T is converted in DHT or not) on our follicles, in a high %.

So RU should be much more effective than dutasteride or finasteride.

PS: sorry if my English is not clear enough.

peloncete1989

Reaction score
So, in your opinion el_duterino the "ideal" user should be (e.g) someone with diffuse alopecia.

A lot of hair, but miniaturized, am I right?
And few "death" hairs.

Thanks a lot.