Is seasonal shedding a real thing or just a myth?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been on 1.25 mg of Finasteride daily for the last 5 months. The first month (Dec to like mid Jan) I was shedding the same as a was pre-finasteride, but towards the end of Jan I started to not shed whatsoever (like 5-10 hairs in the shower max). Things went well from there until early May and my hair was starting to look like it used to. However for the past week I have notice that I have been shedding a lot, I'm losing around 20-25 hairs in the shower and find that my hair falls out easier. Do you think this could be a "seasonal shed" or another finasteride shed? Thank you.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair-growth3.jpg

Yes. At one time, many of your follicles could be in the same phase, hence the shedding. If you're on treatment, you should be fine. The hair will be replaced by stronger hair with increased diameter.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thus far, whenever I noticed myself having thinner / less hair, and convinced myself I was in "seasonal shedding", that hair never came back... in other words it was just my baldness continuing unabated. I never noticed changes in hair density throughout the year when I had a full head of hair. Better not to lie yourself and admit that treatment isn't working.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thus far, whenever I noticed myself having thinner / less hair, and convinced myself I was in "seasonal shedding", that hair never came back... in other words it was just my baldness continuing unabated. I never noticed changes in hair density throughout the year when I had a full head of hair. Better not to lie yourself and admit that treatment isn't working.
what is your age and Norwood?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
24 and around NW2-ish (diffuse)

Hope148192

Reaction score
I'm not on any treatment as of yet, and seem to be shedding small thin hairs... Can someone explain why?