is Shedding associated with scalp pain? 6 months into the big 3

Molex

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm a NW2 with a heavily diffused horseshoe pattern. It has now been 6 months into the big 3 and I have now begun my first noticeable shed of newly grown 1/4" thin hair and some 1.5" regular hair.

Mid-February, I dropped my dosage down from 1mg to .25mg after learning the almost flat line reduction of DHT between these two dosages. Keeping a close eye on my hair, sink and my hands for the next 2 1/2 months, everything seemed to be progressing normally as it was when on 1mg dosage - meaning that I continued to maintain my hair, completely stopped hairloss, the vellus growth on my hairline and temples continued to grow with thin tips and thick bases, scalp felt healthy and good.

The one thing that I am wondering about my shed is that if scalp pain, when combing or parting hair with a slight itch, is a precursor to the normal shedding process where the thin hairs are being replaced with new thick ones? or is the scalp pain an indication that the new hair & some thick hair from the top and sides have become susceptible male pattern baldness and have begun to thin out again as a result of reducing my dosage to .25mg from 1mg? (assuming the it took 2.5 months for the change to take affect)

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hi..I have read somewhere that scalp pain followed by hair loss has something to do with DHT attacking hair follicles...:(

Molex

Reaction score
My scalp is now sore again from where I'm shedding thin, weak hairs.
Can someone who has gone through a shedding phase followed by regrowth (while on meds) please chime in on whether your scalp was sore/itchy or normal.

Thank you