Is shedding normal for new vitamin regimes?

Piccolo

Reaction score
I just started a pretty heavy vitamin plan based on thing's I've read here and I'm noticing a good amount of shedding every time I apply my minoxadil. I've been pulling my finger out with about 10 hairs per application and this never used to happen so I'm pretty worried. I know they say shedding is normal after starting minoxidil and Propecia, both of which I've been taking for years. Is it also normal when you start a supplement routine? Here's what I've been taking daily for about 3 weeks now:

Generic complete multivitamin
1200 MG Omega3 fish oil
1300 MG Flax seed oil
500 MG Saw Palmetto
5000 MG Biotin
1500 MG MSM
1000 MG Vit C

Please tell me a shed is normal...

Also another question. is it possible taking too many pills is bad for you. Like could it damage your kidney?

Thanks a lot.

Petchsky

Reaction score
You still taking propecia?

I've heard of people shedding from saw palmetto before...

Piccolo

Reaction score
"You still taking propecia?"

Yep. Well actually I take Fincar or something like that. Whatever the cheaper generic version is. I noticed slight regrowth for the first time ever when I began taking it, so i know it does SOMETHING. Why is propecia no longer the in thing to do? I still do rogaine foam twice a day too. I don't use Nizoral however because it irritates my scalp and I think it did more damage than good.

"I've heard of people shedding from saw palmetto before..."

That is good to hear. I figured if there was any cause to this it'd be the Saw Palmetto. I just hope it regrows now!!!