Is surgery an option for me? (pic)

essex2099

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was planning to go through with an FUE procedure a couple months ago with Dr Rahal in Ottawa. I'm a pretty diffuse thinner with a receding hairline, so I was hoping to fill in the top, and also lower my temples just a bit. However, after meeting with Dr. Rahal, he informed me that if he filled in the top, I would probably lose as many hairs from shock-loss as the number he put in.

He could still lower my hairline, but it will still be thin, so I walked away. I really, really respected him for telling me the straight-up truth, as opposed to taking my $20,000 and risking my unhappiness.

However, I'd still like some opinions from others who may have similar hair, or a similar experience. Do you think a transplant of any kind is just off the table for me? Opinions are extremely appreciated!

Pic: http://tinypic.com/r/opr62c/5

essex2099

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Much appreciated. And I have actually been on finasteride for a year, so we'll see how it progresses :)

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
So what did you decide? to go forward with hair transplant or not?

Also, did Dr R express any concern about operating on a young person like you with visible hair loss?

Lux

Reaction score
I'm a pretty diffuse thinner
Nope, you are not. I think you can do a transplant. Diffuse thinners lose their hair all over the head. Your back of the head is normal. That means you have a simple male pattern baldness.