Is that normal?

RochaGO

Reaction score
I´m from Brazil and im quite desperate.. I´ve been using minoxidil since 6 months ago, my hair got great after 3, 4 and 5 months but i´m loosing it again during the last month! 30 or 40 during de shower. It got thinner! Is that a temporary shedding? Is that common, anyone had that??? Shoul i do any exames?? Please, help me, i no there are not many options to me, specialy here.. (i use finasteride almost 2 years)
Tks..

xylencia

Reaction score
I've asked soemthing similar soemwhere else well. Everything worked great for the first few months, then at the half year mark, things began to deteriorate quite alarmingly. Not at 40 hairs per wash, but I do notice that thigns arent good. perhaps even slightly worse than when I started the regimen in the 1st place.

I use minoxidil 5% and generic finsateride provided by my hospital. Its free, but its odd shape only allow it to be cut into 3. Any comments from taking such a dosage? its orignally 5gm before cut.

Any comments on the above 2 will be greatly appreciated, thank u

RochaGO

Reaction score
And the only thing to do is to stick whith it. I´m still trying to belive that it is only a shedding, as a veteran poster here told me it seemed to be. I´m loosing about 30 hair per wash, there are worse cases, but i know it´s not good. I´ve heard that in a telogen efluvium i´m suposed to lose hair from my hole scalp, so that is not the case. Luck for us, and tks to everybody who could help.

KK

Reaction score
I am in my 4th month treatment. I shedded quite heavy on my pillows, bed and in the shower. However I do see alot of regrow at my temples from what I understood is that new and more healthier hairs are making thier way out. Therefore causing the shedd. It's a roller-coaster ride, I would keep it for few months before decide other options.

Cheers

G

What you are experienceing is totally normal. Just stick with the treatment and the lost hair should grow in thicker. Remember that it took 4-6 months for the hair to shed, it will take this long again for it to grow back.

Deaner

Reaction score
Yea, it's about 150 days for a hair to cycle back into growth isn't it? In which case, the recovery is a few months down the road yet.

RochaGO

Reaction score
I hope so. I posted here more than a month ago and things are still the same. About 25 in the shower plus +- 15 in the comb and towel. But ill certainly stick with it, and wait. ..

G

RochaGO said:
I hope so. I posted here more than a month ago and things are still the same. About 25 in the shower plus +- 15 in the comb and towel. But ill certainly stick with it, and wait. ..

We all go through this. I thought I would not but I am.. Just ride it out. We are all in this together and we will come out the other side together.