Is there a difference

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
I asked this question in another thread to no avail but anyway, is there any real difference in taking 1/5 instead of 1/4 concerning proscar. I have been doing this to ease any side effects that may come even if they are very rare as well as it is cheaper. But anyway is there any real difference that could make or break a regimen.

wastingpenguins

Established Member
Reaction score
Taking 1/5 a Proscar is actually closer to the recommended Finasteride dosage of 1mg/day than 1/4 is.

I think most people just cut it into 1/4's because it is just easier to do. If you can get it into 1/5's though, go for it.

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks peng I know that about it actually being closer, I was just wondering if that actually mattered because sometimes I am probably getting less, sometimes more. In the end of 5 days it evens out, I was just wondering if this slight flucuation could do anything to a regimen or if it mattered at all because of finasteride building up in the body.

wastingpenguins

Established Member
Reaction score
Some people will say that 1.25mg a day will put you at a slightly higher risk of side effects, but I'd bet that the added risk is pretty negligible.

Some would debate this, but I honestly doubt that it would make a difference in your overall results.

Don't sweat it.