Is there a guarantee of regrowth? No right?

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Suprise suprise, I'm shedding now to. And it's horrible. Never had problems on the crown, but it looks a lot thinner now. Same with the top, and not to speak of the hairline... Been on threatments for longer than a year now (did finasteride for 6 months, quitted, now am on dutasteride, 3rd month or so. Also used 2% minoxidil 5 months, quitted, and now use 5% for another 5/6 months) and even though I've seen results in the past, I'm now pretty much back to baseline...

Got a lot of regrowth going on in front of my temples, and may that fill with thicker hairs I'd be forever happy but... the hairline has receded behind this regrowth making it of coarse look worse, sometimes even unnatural. I've pics of it, but can't upload them yet.

All I want to know is how can you see the difference between accelerated hairloss or a shedding? Seeing as I've just started using dutasteride (3 months) could the shedding be from that? But is there any guarantee that hairs grow back while shedding? Even when on meds?

eth0

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're losing hairs behind your regrowth, surely that's just shedding. It'll hopefully grow back

afro

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean.

I'm about 2.5 months into dutasteride now and over the last 2/3 days i'm sure i've started my shed, infact i've just come out the shower and pulled about 3 days worth of hair out the drain.

I've got very small growth down to my N1 hairline at the front and in the temples, but the hair is 1.5 cm behind it at the very front and about 2 inches behind the regrowth at the temples.
While i have grown a bit of the temples and front back with minoxidil over the last year, the last few days have almost certainly shed some of the nonregrowth hair from the hairline, making it look very unnatural.

Must keep going though, my minoxidil shed was nowhere to be seen so i expect this to be bad, but good things come to those who wait :)