Is there a way to avoid the shed?

Temporarybaldy91

Reaction score
Hello

I have started using minoxidil for the past 3 weeks and have had a small shed but nothing too crazy. My propecia pills arrived in the post today, however, I am really reluctant to start taking them as I really don’t want a horrible shed over the Christmas period where I go out and see family and friends.
Is there a way to avoid the shed (maybe only taking a few pills a week) and if I just stayed on minoxidil for the next few months would I see regrowth on its own?

Thanks

23 Male.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
No

L&R

Reaction score
Probably not. If it's going to happen, it'll happen. Try not to focus on this Christmas, think of how it'll look next Christmas and other years further down the road.

Temporarybaldy91

Reaction score
Hi there, a couple of days later and the minoxidil shed has started kicking in quickly - therefore I've start taking propecia as may aswell take the hit all In one go. :( :( Hair is thin, diffused and looks horrible. Im hoping it makes rapid improvements within a month. Unlikely though from what ive read.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
If there was dont you think everyone would do it?

Same logic for those who think Rogaine is the cure for balding.... if it really worked as well as the ignorants that think rogaine is enough, there wouldnt be any bald men.

People are idiots.

Bad

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there, a couple of days later and the minoxidil shed has started kicking in quickly - therefore I've start taking propecia as may aswell take the hit all In one go. :( :( Hair is thin, diffused and looks horrible. Im hoping it makes rapid improvements within a month. Unlikely though from what ive read.

Hang in there. You should be taking propecia with minoxidil!!!

Good luck :)

Temporarybaldy91

Reaction score
Hey guys - just thought I would give you all an update. So coming up to just over a month on Minoxidil and about 2 and half weeks on propecia. Shedding has happened I think and my hair is just about starting to look in better condition and small hairs are definitely growing through. Hair looking thicker already! I am using 12% minoxidil... that maybe why quicker results. Also using a lazer comb a few times a week. Thoughts if any on the 12%?