Is There Any Coming Back From A Slick Nw6?

myusernamenow

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey dudes. Shaved my head for a while and am bored of the look.

If I hop on the big 3 and get a transplant what's the likeliest outcome? I'd kill for a healthy-looking NW3 tbqh. Also, I have light hair and light skin, which I've heard make results less impressive. I'm 29.

dr dhananjay

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have androgenetic alopecia resulting into male pattern baldness, then hair transplant can help you. It is possible to treat Norwood 6 or NW7 with a Hair Transplant. Hair transplant depends on many factors such as ongoing progression of baldness, availability of grafts, surgeon - his skills, experience etc. , technique of hair transplant, infrastructure etc. These are few &b essential for anyone who wishes to go for transplant. Also, more careful assessment of your goals and expectations will help you to have better results.If you do your research well before going to hair transplant & ready to commit yourself for best aftercare, then hair transplant can do wonders in your case. I hope I helped you. Still, if you need any more help then let me. I will be happy to help you. Thank you!

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's possible but no way to say for sure until you try. You can do some free transplant consultations with reputable surgeons to have your donor hair assessed. If you've got crazy good donor it might be possible without meds.

Or if you want to maximize the final outcome, hop on big 3 for the next 6 months - 1 year and see where you're at. If you get significant regrowth from meds, you may have a more satisfactory final result

Last edited:

myusernamenow

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had a consultation and I've got a less than ideal donor area. Can 2,000 grafts via FUE effectively frame the face of an NW6, in general? I was under the assumption I'd need way more than that and have doubts about what 2,000 grafts for an NW6 would even look like.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had a consultation and I've got a less than ideal donor area. Can 2,000 grafts via FUE effectively frame the face of an NW6, in general? I was under the assumption I'd need way more than that and have doubts about what 2,000 grafts for an NW6 would even look like.

With less than ideal donor, it doesn't seem likely you can frame the face, as that typically means lowering the hairline, and achieve adequate coverage for other bare areas. But the layout of coverage that would give you a more attractive look is exactly the question you should ask of each surgeon.