Is there any evidence?

G

Is there any evidence that:

1) Hair that was thinner can get thicker?
2) Hairfollicles that where smaller got bigger?

We hear about hair count - I really couldn´t care about all the hair I have right now if it´s gonna get thinner.

So again - any proof that hair got thicker, I´m talking diameter nothing else.

Bismarck

Reaction score
Hair diameter and weight does also increase under minoxidil/finasteride - treatment i.e. the hairs get thicker.

G

There is evidence in the photos you see. Also there is personal evidence on my own temples. My left temple was pretty much bare except for little bit of nearly invisible growth on it. I've been on minoxidil(for my temples only) and finasteride(for my over the top diffusing) for about 6 months and my those shitty hairs on my temple have gotten only thicker and denser and darker.

G

Is there any evidence that:

1) Hair that was thinner can get thicker?

Yes.

I have had my girlfriend pluck a couple of my new terminal hairs out of my poor head :freaked: , at first she wanted to show me these new mystery hairs that were starting to sprout all over the place (she cuts my hair every 10-12 days and was unaware I was using any treatments) the first thing I noticed was that they were jet black, (my normal hair colour is fairly light) the second thing I noticed was that the shaft went from a thick base to a much thinner tip.

So not only can thin hair get thicker, but It can do so in a single hair cycle.

cheers

Ty