Is there anything else I can be doing?

xmerc

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am a 28 year old male with receding temples / hairline. Currently would say an NW2 on my way to 3A. The shape of my head is.. not ideal for the shaved look. Simply put, i will look monstrous as I have a sloped forehead. I first noticed this at age 22 but did not take action until age 24. At 24 I began Mionoxidil. At 25 I began Finasteride. At 26 I added Hair loss shampoo.

Here is my current Regimen which seems to have been working pretty well thus far:

Liquid Minoxidil 5% 2x Daily (Morning and Night)
1/4 Pill of Finasteride 5mg Daily
Regenepure DR Hair Loss Shampoo & Conditioner 2-3x per week
Multivitamin Daily
Omega 3 Fish Oil Daily
Green Tea

Someone recently commented, "oh you're receding huh?'' I think most people get a little self-conscious when that happens as did I. I feel that I have been keeping my recession somewhat at bay but I am wondering what else I can add to my regimen to up the ante a bit. This is not only due to the comment that was made but also because I feel that the regiment isn't having the same effect it had at first. Any suggestions?

I appreciate any input and thank you for this community.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
As we age are follicles get more sensitive to DHT. Many people who start finasteride and initially see good results begin losing hair again after as little as a year (if their hair loss is really aggressive). This sounds like what may have happened to you considering you've had hair loss since 22. I would look into Dutasteride, it is an upgraded version of finasteride that can help hold the baldness at bay for longer by inhibiting more DHT.

xmerc

Reaction score
As we age are follicles get more sensitive to DHT. Many people who start finasteride and initially see good results begin losing hair again after as little as a year (if their hair loss is really aggressive). This sounds like what may have happened to you considering you've had hair loss since 22. I would look into Dutasteride, it is an upgraded version of finasteride that can help hold the baldness at bay for longer by inhibiting more DHT.
Thank you for your reply. Have you seen any noticeable side effects to Duasteride? Do you couple it with finasteride?

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
No I just use Dutasteride 0.5mg daily at the moment, at first I noticed watery semen and a bit of a dip in libido but it picked up again after a couple of weeks. Now 2 months on side free, and that is on a drug that is more likely to cause side effects than Finasteride. Never went to finasteride, went straight to dutasteride.