Is this a shed?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I started to tackle my hairloss about 2 and a half months ago with propecia and have also been on rogaine for 1 and a half months. I haven't noticed an increase in shedding, except when I apply the rogaine I'm putting that down to the vigorous massage-hopefully hairs that were going to fall out anyway and not me doing extra damage.

I seem to be worse of than when I started :(

here's some photos.

Baseline
sam2123.jpg

sam2124a.jpg

sam2125.jpg

sam2127z.jpg

last week
sam2329j.jpg

sam2330.jpg

sam2331.jpg

sam2333vx.jpg

I guess there is no way of knowing if this is a shed or just continued loss?

n1ckk

Reaction score
Hi drunkmunky,

Im experiencing the same shedding like you have but more on top/front.

The first month that i was on finastride, it was doing a great thing for me. New hairs (alltough more like peachfuzz) came sprouting out every day.

In month 2 i got into a huge shed, all the new hairs fell out, and i could definitely tell that my hair is gone worse since i started my regimen.

then i added the minoxidil to my regimen and i still continued shedding. It continued untill beginning of August ( 4 months after finasteride and 2 after min )

things are steady now , no excessive hairloss for over a month ( actually very little )

I

Relax Im hilarious

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I put regaine foam on my hairline but had to stop after five days because it gave me bad headaches. I got a serious shed at the front, similar to the pics you've posted but worse. No regrowth 3 months later but just got to wait and see i suppose. It is supposed to take between 3-4 months before the follicle begins growing again but can take longer sometimes, so just have to sit it out.
I've also been on propecia for the last 3 months and definitely seen shedding over my head that's worse than my baseline (again similar to yours) but people seem to say that you need to leave it 12 months before really judging anything and that often between 3-6 months the hair can get worse. Get some good concealers (i use toppix) and ride it out.

Good luck man!

nikemata

Reaction score
drunkmonkey425

Wish I could help you guys in sorting this out. But I as well experiencing same problem that even me couldnt help myself. I've been to many treatments already and each of them doesnt of any help at all. :(