Is this good RU/minoxidil vehicle for a guy who got minoxidil sides?

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So i got minoxidil sides after using 1 - 2ml daily since july 2010 on a damp scalp. Thinking of taking a 14-20 days breake and restart on a lot lower dosage on a DRY scalp.

The only way i can do that is to buy lee's #500, PG and RU. Can only buy 5% here while i cant buy alcohol over 60%.

So what i think is add 1.3mlish minoxidil and 0.7ml ish PG + 80mg or something RU. And use 1 ml daily so i mix every other day.
#500 got 50% ethyl alcohol, 30% propylene glycol, and 20% water. My aim is to get closer to the rogaine vehicle with 50% PG, 30% alcohol and 20% water, while i get 2 - 3% minoxidil

If i add 1.3ml minoxidil vehicle + 0.7ml PG, will i achive those numbers? Anyone good with math who can help me out? :)

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It will give you 3.25% minoxidil from my calculations if you add 0.7ml PG to 1.3ml rogaine 5%.

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ty blaze :) sounds like a nice gentle percentage

I got dark blue under my eyes so i look tired, also feel like i got a bloated face on random accations.
I did not follow the directions on minoxidil though, and i had far less PG and more alcohol than the official vehicle. Always used on a damp scalp + lots of alcohol = ALOT of absobtion so i guess i can blame myself for the sides... used since july 2010. Never over 2ml a day though

Anyone got any calculations on how much % alcohol, water and PG i get when mixing that way?

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wait... if i use 1 ML per day i will get the same amount of minoxidil as if i used 1.62ish%, right?

Maybe go down to 1.5ml minoxidil and add 0.5ml PG or something then.
That will be 75% of 100mg minoxidil = 75mg per 2 ml mixed = 37mg per day = 3.7% a day. Is that right?

Ende

Reaction score
I wonder if any doctors will prescribe 96% ethanol for this use, or even better; order the pharmacy to prepare a 750 ml mixture consisting of 50% PPG, 30% alcohol and 20% water.

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Doubt it :p No legal and beneficial purpose for personal use as i can see it atleast...

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you was able to order on behalf of some school/company or similar, you probably chould. For personal use to mix drugs, i higly doubt it where we live..

Il send an email to boots anyway to ask. If it where possible it whould be the absolute best :)

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
they dont sell it in the pharamacys in my country, and i cant import it without everyone know i use minoxidil on the customs slip

Ende

Reaction score
Pharmacies are usually discreet. They don't reveal any information about the content outside the package.

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have to order from outside to country and will get a customs slip where it reveals it, right?

Got an answer for boots norway now, i was wrong. It was possible to custom order the vehicle i wanted :D
Maybe my answer is to mix 0.5ml minoxidil with 0.5 - 1ml custom vehicle + some RU and i got a winner.

Ende

Reaction score
No papers, besides those within the package, will reveal the content.

Nice :)