Is This Minoxidil Shedding? What It Looks Like?

Saltysalt

Reaction score
IMG_0908.JPG IMG_0909.JPG IMG_0907.JPG
I started minoxidil about a month ago and I've noticed many thin spots on my head. Is this from minoxidil shedding?

Attachments

• IMG_0907.JPG
    IMG_0907.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 610

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could be, if those sports weren't there before. When I was shedding I could pull out those hairs easily and I also saw them everywher

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you don't post any before pics, how would we know the answer to your question?

Saltysalt

Reaction score
If you don't post any before pics, how would we know the answer to your question?
? I don't think I have any before pics. But my hair wasn't like this. The thing is, I haven't applied all that much minoxidil anywhere besides my temples, can I still shed on top of the head?

Saltysalt

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_0614.JPG
    IMG_0614.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_0479.JPG
    IMG_0479.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_0628.JPG
    IMG_0628.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 440

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The lighting is different, and your hair is longer. It's possible you've shed a bit.

This is why im buzzing my head
1) easier application

2) less worry about the possible shed.

Will let it grow out in 4-6 and check results.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The lighting is different, and your hair is longer. It's possible you've shed a bit.

This is why im buzzing my head
1) easier application

2) less worry about the possible shed.

Will let it grow out in 4-6 and check results.

I completely agree with the above statements. Also contemplating shaving for 4-6 months while switching from 5% to 15% minoxidil and adding Alpicort F. How short are you buzzing ? Do you feeling that buzzing affect your looks drastically compare hair length over of say 1-2 inches ?

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I completely agree with the above statements. Also contemplating shaving for 4-6 months while switching from 5% to 15% minoxidil and adding Alpicort F. How short are you buzzing ? Do you feeling that buzzing affect your looks drastically compare hair length over of say 1-2 inches ?

My hair is pretty thin all throughout as it is, so i don't think it affects me too badly, it makes the general thinning less noticeable, but the reccession more obvious, so its a tradeoff.. This is kind of a last shot deal anyway, if it doesn't work then im pretty much screwed. Using dualgen minoxidil + proxiphen.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP how is your shedding going?

I just started 5% minoxidil about 4-5 weeks ago--this past week I am very increased in shedding of my long hairs--today i shed about 3x what i normally would shed in a day.

I am a little excited because I assume from what i have read online it means it's working--and it's only at 4-5 weeks in..I don't know how long for shedding to last that is normal?
Anyone know?

Shedding is from all over my head but mostly the back--which i don't have hair loss back there according to 3 Doctors who examined me so i don't apply the minoxidil there. I apply on crown at part lines. Some on side.

i am woman i have long hair so i don't see the spots you are seeing--what i do notice that is different for me in the shedding..in the shower instead of hand coming away with 1 strand at a time--NOW its like 3 to 5 strands at a time..So i am assuming its from same areas. I hope that makes sense.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a little excited because I assume from what i have read online it means it's working--and it's only at 4-5 weeks in..I don't know how long for shedding to last that is normal?
Anyone know?

I never noticed an increase in shedding when I started minoxidil, but I was already shedding massively before I started it, so that may be why.

After being on it for only about 1.5 months I noticed a massive DECREASE in shedding