Is this some skin disorder?

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
[attachment=1:ryjdydwd]Imagem 015_200x150.jpg[/attachment:ryjdydwd]
[attachment=0:ryjdydwd]comb-patches.JPG[/attachment:ryjdydwd]
I frequently get this skin patches attached to my scalp that I can scrape with a comb.
What should I do?
Is this some disease?
please help.

Attachments

• Imagem 015_200x150.jpg
    Imagem 015_200x150.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 892
  • comb-patches.JPG
    comb-patches.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 887

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it is. Or do you think everyone gets those? :)

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
well,at least everyone who has male pattern baldness,i thought all the guys had.
I think Im going to see a dermatologist,I dont think he'll be able to tell what it is anyway,maybe has no idea how male pattern baldness deals with the scalp.
What skin disease is it?

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no idea. But it's gotta be something, that's not normal. It's possibly a severe case of seborrheic dermatitis or scalp psoriasis. Do you have symptoms anywhere else apart from your scalp? For example I have seb. dermatitis and it affects mostly my scalp, sides and tip of the nose, forehead and behinds of the ears.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Scrape that sh*t into a cereal bowl, add some milk, breakfast's served!

Gross dude, seriously, see a derm immediately!

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
treeshrew said:
Scrape that s*** into a cereal bowl, add some milk, breakfast's served!

Gross dude, seriously, see a derm immediately!

Lol,the flakes kinda look like cereal.

I get a lot of itching all over some parts of my body,my arms,hands,lower legs,chest,shoulders,back,pubic....and sometimes I get a rash or somethin like urticaria when I scratch,I dunno...
I always had some allergies but I think this is because of finasteride,some side effects of finasteride are rash and urticaria..and I take 5 mg,which probably makes it worse.

Once,I removed a flake like those attached my head and saw a tiny blood drop,mustave opened some wound scraping.This is flustering.
Ill see a derm.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah could be finasteride, if I'm totally honest my scalp pain has ceased a lot after stopping finasteride. And I started thinking that I never really had a severe scalp pain or itch before starting finasteride so it all makes sense.