Is This Why Prp/acell Works For Some People

Anwar Saleem

My Regimen
Reaction score
I couldnt help but wonder prp is essentially microneedling but much deeper penetration.

It could be very well true that the growth factors from our blood does zero to none effect. Its just the microneedling that benefits?

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If PRP could be done once or twice a week it would probably be microneedling on steroids and make a huge difference. With today’s prices on your own blood being injected back into your body that will never happen. I really wish they would get over themselves and bring the price down to 100 - 200 a session because the demand would increase and there is plenty of supply. The growth factors are said to be really important but hair doesn’t get a consistent flow with PRP like it does needing. Needle at a depth of 1.5mm and think of something topically to speed healing as fast as possible?

Anwar Saleem

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well
If PRP could be done once or twice a week it would probably be microneedling on steroids and make a huge difference. With today’s prices on your own blood being injected back into your body that will never happen. I really wish they would get over themselves and bring the price down to 100 - 200 a session because the demand would increase and there is plenty of supply. The growth factors are said to be really important but hair doesn’t get a consistent flow with PRP like it does needing. Needle at a depth of 1.5mm and think of something topically to speed healing as fast as possible?
in my country its almost for $80. But then my earning is also limited.

How do you know the growth factors are needing. This could just probably a marketing gimmick for people to come in and pay for it. Ive had 2 of them and i saw increased hairloss so im scared of getting a third one. But i am also mot using minodoxil. I think ill give it a go and ask my derma to prescribe me two sessions per month.

And all of this is just for regrowth. Nothing would last w/o finasteride.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well

in my country its almost for $80. But then my earning is also limited.

How do you know the growth factors are needing. This could just probably a marketing gimmick for people to come in and pay for it. Ive had 2 of them and i saw increased hairloss so im scared of getting a third one. But i am also mot using minodoxil. I think ill give it a go and ask my derma to prescribe me two sessions per month.

Yeah I had more hair loss after my treatment as well. There are plenty of studies that show growth factors are important. The DHT starves the hair follicle of them.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How has your progess been like uptil now with natural topicals?

Well, I’m using a lot of natural stuff all backed by studies in one solution. Haven’t got all the right ingredients I want yet, but when I apply the combination I have so far my scalp feels oxygenated and fresh plus my sebum might be reducing? This is to early to tell (few days) and I have to wait for a dermapen and the rest of the stuff. The right amount to for stimulation without toxicity?

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never tried acell but there was a year when I had a bunch of PRP sessions with a hair transplant dr.

I didn’t even maintain (was also on finasteride, min, kitchen sink stuff). I did far better with the derma pen. No idea why because on paper PRP looks promising.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My derm who I’m only seeing because he is open to prescribe drugs. I asked him the difference between PRP and microneedling. He doesn’t have a concrete answer for me. His only answer was “they both work due to the wounding effect but PRP has more results on paper and instead of sticking a needle on your head yourself; you might as well pay me $1,500 to stick some needle on your head.”

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My derm who I’m only seeing because he is open to prescribe drugs. I asked him the difference between PRP and microneedling. He doesn’t have a concrete answer for me. His only answer was “they both work due to the wounding effect but PRP has more results on paper and instead of sticking a needle on your head yourself; you might as well pay me $1,500 to stick some needle on your head.”

Good thing he’s a doctor and not a salesman. Well for us there’s no difference I guess.