It Has Gotten To The Point Where I Need Advice

Youngbummed

My Regimen
Reaction score
image.png
image.png
Hello everyone,
Ive just decided to sign up for this site because my hair loss has gotten to the poit where i want to ask for advice and see what others are doing but do not know who to contact. I am 20 years old and have begun loosing my hair pretty quickly. Over the past year or so my hairline has thinned and receded and overall my hair has just really thinned.
I live a healthy and active lifestyle and this has really started to bring me down and affect my confidence levels.. I am open to try just about anything that does not involve oral medication; something I just do not like because of side effects etc..

My hair looks ok under the right light in pictures but as you can see under light ... Its pretty bad, could you guys give me some advice on what my next steps should be I want to be proactive and have looked into some of the shampoo systems and whatnot offered through this site. Does anyone think I have potential for positive results from whatever treatment plan I may choose..?

Here is where I am today, September 1st

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    488.5 KB · Views: 283
  • image.png
    image.png
    575.4 KB · Views: 263

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, I am sorry you're going through this sh*t so young.

Your hair reminds me of my own. Diffused thin throughout the top, with thicker sides and back.

We have all been around here long enough and tried enough things to know the only reputable responses you will get are the following.

1) consider finasteride if you want to keep what you have and possibly regrow some.
2) minoxidil - generic foam or liquid. It's cheap. Use it. I have seen some people get amazing results with it, especially in the crown and midscalp.
3) get on some good anti inflammatory diet / supplements and also use ketoconazol shampoo to help clean the scalp and possibly relieve inflammation.

4) and this is an important one - don't do / buy ANYTHING until you've tried the above. Ideally, all three. You will find THOUSANDS of products on the internet, especially the natural jargon claiming to eliminate DHT - WE HAVE ALL TRIED THESE. THEY ARE GARBAGE.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm having trouble telling what's going on in those pictures.

Dude I strongly recommend getting past your fear of oral medication if you're interested in treating male pattern baldness

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that the odds are good that if you hit it with "the big 3" now, you could turn this sh*t around. While you're awaiting those meds to work their magic, consider investing in some Toppik.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair does look like its thinning a bit. But overall looks good. Meds will work well though

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair does look like its thinning a bit. But overall looks good. Meds will work well though

Thinning "a bit"?? look at that first picture. Look closely. He's lost probably 50-60% of his original density. The entire middle, from the hair line to crown is very diffused, and the sides are combed over the thinning. I know as this is my exact pattern. I am a bit more diffused however, maybe 70% is gone. It's hard to tell because his hair is almost the same color as his scalp (which is lucky! i have BLACK hair and WHITE scalp)

Youngbummed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, I am sorry you're going through this sh*t so young.

Your hair reminds me of my own. Diffused thin throughout the top, with thicker sides and back.

We have all been around here long enough and tried enough things to know the only reputable responses you will get are the following.

1) consider finasteride if you want to keep what you have and possibly regrow some.
2) minoxidil - generic foam or liquid. It's cheap. Use it. I have seen some people get amazing results with it, especially in the crown and midscalp.
3) get on some good anti inflammatory diet / supplements and also use ketoconazol shampoo to help clean the scalp and possibly relieve inflammation.

4) and this is an important one - don't do / buy ANYTHING until you've tried the above. Ideally, all three. You will find THOUSANDS of products on the internet, especially the natural jargon claiming to eliminate DHT - WE HAVE ALL TRIED THESE. THEY ARE GARBAGE.

Thanks for the response, Ill consider the finasteride i'm assuming its prescription only so would have to see my doctor.
I plan to grab the minoxidil tomorrow and was going to get mens dove head and shoulders; some type of thickening formula or line they have.

Seems like you have been here for a while, what level on the scale would you say my hairloss is? I could not really say where i was myself because I felt like my thinning was all around the top rather than the levels of progression they used.

Youngbummed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, Ill consider the finasteride i'm assuming its prescription only so would have to see my doctor.
I plan to grab the minoxidil tomorrow and was going to get mens dove head and shoulders; some type of thickening formula or line they have.

Seems like you have been here for a while, what level on the scale would you say my hairloss is? I could not really say where i was myself because I felt like my thinning was all around the top rather than the levels of progression they used.

Looking at reviews and I'll probably get the shampoo you recommended too.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

It is prescription, however, if you're in the US, you can get legit scripts online. See your derm first though. With these treatments, you may be lucky and regrow a lot of that, who knows. You're diffused thinning in the NW6-7 pattern, across the entire top, to be honest. Not trying to be a dick, but it's better you have an honest opinion.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The best advice anyone here will give you is that the later you delay it the worst it will be for yourself. Hairloss is such a bit** that maintenance is considered a success while regrowth is seen as a miracle. So see a dermatologist and act quick, from the pictures it does look like you have lost hair but it's not at a critical point.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looking at reviews and I'll probably get the shampoo you recommended too.

Doesnt look like it to me. Bit of over exaggeration 50%. Gis hair is gelled and under strong light.

Take photo of your hair dry under a light. Hinestly doesnt look bad to me. From side looks thick

Youngbummed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesnt look like it to me. Bit of over exaggeration 50%. Gis hair is gelled and under strong light.

Take photo of your hair dry under a light. Hinestly doesnt look bad to me. From side looks thick

Just took this after showering under light too..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 244

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Finasteride buddy. You still have good head of hair and have caught it early. I started losing hair at 18. First noticed it when my hair felt limper with gel. Then my hands covered in hairs gelling it in mornings. Then shower floor. Freaked out and read these boards. Got on finasteride and im 30 now and still nw2. Noones ever said to me im losing my hair. Even on the treatment i shed hairs but they always grew back. Dont panic. Get on finasteride and try to forgrrt it. I think youll do well on it for many years

Youngbummed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride buddy. You still have good head of hair and have caught it early. I started losing hair at 18. First noticed it when my hair felt limper with gel. Then my hands covered in hairs gelling it in mornings. Then shower floor. Freaked out and read these boards. Got on finasteride and im 30 now and still nw2. Noones ever said to me im losing my hair. Even on the treatment i shed hairs but they always grew back. Dont panic. Get on finasteride and try to forgrrt it. I think youll do well on it for many years
Thanks for the positive advice, have you seen any side effects over the years?

Youngbummed

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is prescription, however, if you're in the US, you can get legit scripts online. See your derm first though. With these treatments, you may be lucky and regrow a lot of that, who knows. You're diffused thinning in the NW6-7 pattern, across the entire top, to be honest. Not trying to be a dick, but it's better you have an honest opinion.

Do you recommend starting all three simultaneously?

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The only side effect i got was watery jizz for first couple months but it went away. No biggie.

I think alot of people who get sides is all in their heads. If you decide to take finasteride just relax and get in with life and you should be fine.

Obviously if your one of the few that get sides just discontinue it.

finasteride is easiest and best treatment. One pill in morning while brushing your teeth.

Youngbummed

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only side effect i got was watery jizz for first couple months but it went away. No biggie.

I think alot of people who get sides is all in their heads. If you decide to take finasteride just relax and get in with life and you should be fine.

Obviously if your one of the few that get sides just discontinue it.

finasteride is easiest and best treatment. One pill in morning while brushing your teeth.
Hopefully i post great results in a few mnths then..!