It's been almost 7 months now...

gt1229

Reaction score
I've been taking 1 mg finasteride per day and shampooing with nizoral 2 times per week, and i still don't notice any visible improvement. Should I stay longer on this regimen? I'm reminded of the photos on the the propecia website that show visible vertex results after 24 months, and that's the only thing keeping hope alive. Add to that the burning that I feel in my scalp and vertex section and i just hate this whole freakin experience.

Sux when you're 23 and this is happening. :cry:

So any recommendations? Stay the course?

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Kyriakin said:
As a 21 year old, I feel your pain dude.

If you give up you will have no hope, and will always wonder "what if...?" when you lose your hair down the line.

Personally, I couldn't stay sane, if I believed that I wasn't truely doing everything within my power to stop this affliction. That fact I'm at least trying to something about it, helps me deal with it....

Well said! Keep up the faith and know that at least you're going after it with all your might.

Good luck,
Tony Montana

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
If your scalp is inflamed, burning and itching like mad, no wonder it's not doing anything for you.

If there is one thing I've learned so far, is if your itching and inflamed, then you should lower a dosage, or switch to a different treatment.

A little itching should be normal, alot with burning should'nt.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JesusFreak said:
For the scalp irratation I would add tricomin or american crew.

I second that motion.

I just started Tricomin and already feel a difference in my scalp.

OUT!
Tony Montana

wastingpenguins

Established Member
Reaction score
Will Tricomin help with flaking and slight itch? I wouldn't say my scalp is 'inflamed'-- it's not sore or red or anything.

It's just flaky as hell.

gt1229

Reaction score
JesusFreak said:
For the scalp irratation I would add tricomin or american crew.

Any advice on where to buy? Thanks!

Edit: Ok, drugstore.com has it. Now do recommend that I get the shampoo and conditioner? Or should I just get the shampoo (I shower in the morning) and get the spray for the evening?

Thanks.

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
gt1229 said:
Add to that the burning that I feel in my scalp and vertex section and i just hate this whole freakin experience.

This is why I brought up inflamation, normal scalps do not burn.. inflamed ones do. But then again, I've never heard of finasteride (on this board) causing it like minoxidil does.

gt1229

Reaction score
Bone Daddy said:
gt1229 said:
Add to that the burning that I feel in my scalp and vertex section and i just hate this whole freakin experience.

This is why I brought up inflamation, normal scalps do not burn.. inflamed ones do. But then again, I've never heard of finasteride (on this board) causing it like minoxidil does.

Well my scalp has been burning even before starting finasteride. It just hasn't gone away.

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm sorry.. I thought it was only a recent thing. Makes me count my blessings even more.

gt1229

Reaction score
Does the tricomin spray make your hair slimy or shiny, or does it dry after spraying it?

under20

Established Member
Reaction score
Its called burning scalp syndrome. Read about it, though there isnt much out there.