It's shed time!

rjmogka

Reaction score
So....I started taking finasteride about 2 months ago, and shedding started about 2 weeks after I started it.
The thing is that I lose LOADS of hairs every day, every hour, every minute, even without touching it.
I have a lot of hair and no one can see I'm losing hair when I comb it, but still - this is really insane.
It became from normal hair loss, to massive hair-loss, so much that I need every few days to walk around home
and play "collect until you're tired! 100 hairs = 500 points! 200 hairs = 700 points! 300 hairs = C-c-C-Combo!!"

The shed has a 1.5 months of kicking, and my question - IS THIS NORMAL?
how long can a shed take for maximum before the "good part of the finasteride" is rising? I always read about shedding but when it becomes part of you it's confusing.

Please, at least one person who went through this, tell me what the hell.....

Thank you.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I shed almost instantly when starting finasteride, hair looked like ****e, prepare yourself for when you look in the mirror, but it is a sign it's working so hold out brother! About 3-3 1/2 months in it started to look great, was over the moon, then 7 months in, around mid-August, it started to look "mehish", now it's looking pretty ****e again! Going through another shed aint fun I tell ya!

But persevere! The hell should pass, I'm two months into this one so hopefully the worst has passed, wanna have awesome looking hair for Xmas, fo sho fo sho.

;)

rjmogka

Reaction score
man I hope you're right.
but what will exactly happen in the 3-3 1/2 month? the hair-loss will stop/slow down big time?
or it's something else.
I mean with all those sheddings is there supposed to be something good about finasteride? sometimes I think that with
all that shedding maybe it would be better without finasteride with less hair-loss at least.
what's the good part here?
I know that Spencer Kobren from the "Bald Truth" show and he's on finasteride for almost 20 years,
47 years old guy that looks great, even though there's a lot of hair spray it's insane how good his hair looks for his age.
So when is that "good part" of finasteride starting to happen, and what is it exactly?