Ivangennaro's Story - (19/going bald or it's just the light)

Nene

Reaction score
Re: Am I going bald or it's just the light? [19]

It doesn't really look like hair loss, I think its just the lighting, but see a dermatologist just in case because the earlier you catch it the better.

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score

Youre not going bald, if you see thinning someday, then you will look for a solution.

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score

Nene said:
It doesn't really look like hair loss, I think its just the lighting, but see a dermatologist just in case because the earlier you catch it the better.

I did. She said that I had had a little loss [assuming that I didn't care about and look after my hair while growing it] and gave me those 2 meds. Nobody around me notices my hairloss, but me. I'm aware of the fact that I'm not bald but I'm seeing some signs and it scares me. Is it really the light?

By the way does growing a longer hair increase the loss? If so, would having a shorter cut + looking after it and backing it up with few meds and healthier shampoos lead it back to the way it was, a year ago? In other words, is it temporary or does it look like male pattern baldness?

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score

Ian Curtis said:
Youre not going bald, if you see thinning someday, then you will look for a solution.

I felt some thinning on the top after I cut my long hair. It's not that bad, only I notice it but I'm worried so I buzzed my hair yesterday to see if the top is thinner than the sides or back. I couldn't decide as the light is everywhere :D So I took my photos with light shining from several angles to hear opinions of people who have experience with this issue. You can call me paranoid but I don't want to go bald before 30s. Thanks by the way.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

I don't think you're balding it looks like the way the light is compared to how your hair grows out

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score

^^ So do you see any differences of thickness on my top when compared to the sides, buddy? I need some neutral comments. Really, I'd rather to be bald than having a thinner top when compared to the sides.

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score

I don't want to make flood but I'm too impatient. To summarise, here are my main questions:

1- Do you see any differences of thickness between top and sides? Is the top thinner or is it just the lighting? [I guess it's just the lighting as in the photo which the light reflects from the left, the top seems thicker than the left side. But I don't wanna fool myself, I need some neutral opinions] The 2nd photo is freaking me out, really. But comparing to other people by searching photos on the net, I saw that every single person who has buzzcut like mine has a similar top under the light. I don't really know, anyway.

2- Do you think it's male pattern baldness, diffuse or something else? My dad isn't bald and he's 53. He has some thinning, which is pretty normal I guess.

3- If it's not male pattern baldness, will I be able to cope with it with a few months of caring, backing it up with meds and having short hair to avoid shedding caused by phsyical factors? People around me say that there is no thinning that they can see, but if there is, the hair will return to it's main state in a few months of caring as it was treated carelessly while growing it for a year. Of course they're ignoring the male pattern baldness/diffuse issue, I know that I can't prevent shedding with such easy ways if it's male pattern baldness/diffuse, which I don't think it is. Anyway, they're my friends, so I doubt that they can ignore things to not depress me.

I can post my pics with 2 inches of hair a week ago or with the same hairstyle back 2 years ago, if necessary.

But the photos from a week ago was taken with dirty and oily hair of mine [I hadn't had shower for 2.5 days LOL] and in that photos there it seems some thinning is going on. Because the oily hairs stick to each other and open up some gaps. I remember after having a shower and drying my hair, it looked much better.

Anyway, thanks in advance. I'd be grateful for any feedbacks. As you can see all I could think about was my hair in last 2 weeks. Please, help me with your comments.

Sorry for the long post.

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It seems to me you have nothing, it' s just about the light.
The density and the shape of the hairline are perfect and you can see the skin just becausw you have a buzz cut wit hair pulled up and you are in a spotlight.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

I can't really see it.. just keep an eye on it.

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score

Does your scalp feel itchy? Mine did when I started losing, after a few weeks of finasteride the itch disappeared.

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score
^^ Nope. But I took some horrifying photos this week. I'll upload them when I have the chance. It's clear that there has been some thining on the top.

I was using just Pantogar (3 times a day) and Ducray Anaphase shampoo with derm's order. She suggested minoxidil %5 Forte too but after searching and reading about it, I decided that it was kinda gamble so I bought it but I'm not using it. After realizing the thinning, I'm on this regimen now since Monday:

- Zinco (1 a day)
- Pantogar (3 times a day)
- Benexol (1 one day - contains B1, B6 and B12 vitamins)
- Proscar 1/4 (yeah I'm aware of the side effects)
- Ducray Anaphase shampoo.

How do you rate it? Should I add Minoxil %5 to treatment or will it be too harsh? The pharmacist said so, he said that I should use it when the gaps begin to show themselves.

I should say that, even the nobody around me can notice the thinning, I believe that I've spotted it early. So how do you assess the regimen?

By the way is cutting Proscar into 4 pieces damage the effects of it? Does it harm the medicine itself, you know?

infamous

Reaction score
ivangennaro said:
Any feedbacks?

Firstly, i don't think you're balding. Hair follicles have a life peroid, they just born and die like us. You had long hair before, and now it's short and you think you have thinner hair, just an illusion.

Secondly, i'm cutting proscar 1/5 (1mg) and it doesn't harm the pill. The other thing, minoxidil is too exhausting to use. I think your regimen is the best for now. You may add hair thickener shampoo, if you notice thinning.

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score
^^ Thanks for answering. But I took some horrifying photos this week, I'll upload them when I have the chance. My top is thinning but I can only see it in photos. LOL. Neither in mirror, nor in any other place. Nobody tells me nothing about my hair, actually they praise it for being dense.

If there is thinning, do you think this regimen can cure it? And yeah, apart from being exhausting to use, is it really early to add minoxidil? I see NW2 or NW3 people with diffuse use the big 3 together.

And the last one. Do you think that possible thinning could be caused by growing it without taking care? If it's not genetic, of course.

Thanks in advance.

infamous

Reaction score
Using hair gel, wearing baseball cap every day, washing your hair twice a month or every hour, growing your hair doesn't thin or shed your hair.

And i don't think starting minoxidil is necessary for you. but if you want you can start. think twice about it, cuz it's expensive and hard to stick with.

edit: grammar.

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna add some old photos of mine to see if it has thinned or not. I can't decide it. But still, the 2nd photo scares the hell outta me.

sandovalusa

Established Member
Reaction score
You must realize that using Rogaine and other meds is a LIFE LONG COMMITMENT.

I used Rogaine for 4 years and then I stopped. After I stopped, I rapidly lost hair.

If you start Rogaine, you have to use it twice a day, forever, until you throw in the towel.