I've quit Propecia after months...can anyone please help with some questions?

sebastian90

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my name's Sebastian and I'm new to the site! First off I don't intend to scare/put off anyone from taking or trying Propecia for their hair loss, but I just have a few questions that I wondered if people could help with...

I'm 26 and I've been taking Propecia for exactly 4 months but have decided to quit due to some minor sides that I'm not willing to tolerate. For the first month of so I had a minor testicular ache coupled with some minor aches in my breast and armpit area but this thankfully subsided. However about 2 months in and up to now I've been experiencing weaker erections, testicles that seem higher and less loose if that makes sense and reduced watery like semen.

I've had no issues with my sex drive at all, it was literally just knowing (and this wasn't in my head as I measured beforehand) that my penis didn't seem to get fully erect and stay hard for long without consistent excitement or effort.

Anyway fast forward to yesterday (4 months since I began treatment) and I decided to quit as I simply value my sexual health over saving my hair. I just wanted to know if anyone experienced similar sides and also gave up and how long it took before everything returned to normal? I've read good and bad stuff online, but as always the people that say you're screwed for life tend to get stuck in my mind!

I've read that the drugs half life is 6 hours and it can take up to 2 weeks before DHT levels return to normal...can anyone validate this or elaborate? Are there any good signs (besides the obvious ones) that I should look out for when I know it's coming back? I've also read about coming off the drug slowly but I just want it all out my system and don't think being on it for 4 months is that long in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway any help, advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks