I've traded in my drugs & alcohol for...

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Barbells.

I've also become a year older. :D

I'm finally making headway, real progress, in my future career. Books, television, and media have new meaning and purpose to me, and becoming focused and interested in this job path has been a huge personal success. Music, culture, and food are all heightened.

Up to this point in my life, I had never thought I'd achieve many of these goals by myself. Getting over drugs and alcohol was a serious hurdle, and it took lots of time.

I've literally run off nearly 45 or 50 pounds of extra fat, received a glorious tan (unheard of in NYC :lol: ), and taken a new lease on life.

While my hair is failing, and I'm facing some serious financial struggles, I've overcome tremendous anxiety barriers that held me back. I still have some anxiety, but recognize that it's there, and that it will one day be gone. Time heals all.

I just wanted to let my favorite posters at this forum know this. I no longer understand depression as well as I once did. Understanding Tauge and the other posters is difficult for me, and I think that overcoming my depression puts me in a completely different frame of mind, which is why I want to wish you guys the best. I cannot help you with your problems, and I cannot offer you any further advice that the wonderful posters on HairLossTalk.com haven't already given you. I pray that time, effort, discipline, blood, sweat, and passion can improve your lives, as it has mine.

My birthday money is going to be spent on Avodart, hopefully giving me 2 years worth of internals. I look forward to possibly starting dutasteride in the next 60 days.

Goodluck guys,

Aplunk.

Cassin

Reaction score
Wow.

good post and good for you.

I am stone cold 100% sober myself. I don't even drink caffeine. Its a good choice on your part and will pay off.

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the fitness

Just out of curiosity were you actually addicted to drugs and alcohol or have you just them out to make yourself more healthy. Ive cut out 99% of my caffiene intake, I now drink a cup of tea maybe once every few weeks.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Aplunk - RIGHT ON MAN!

I can't think of a better role model than you for some of the guys you mention. You've overcome adversity, changed your outlook, set goals for yourself, and continue to achieve them. Just awesome.

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats Aplunk, I knew you could pull through. I'm well on my way to be being below 200 pounds if I keep doing hills running and biking. I've drank more water and will likely be dropping Dr. Pepper.

One more year to go and I'm done with my internship this week. Keep on trucking, it's the only thing you can do.

IBM

Reaction score
Aplunk Congratulations. I hope you can fix your money problems.

Sean68

Reaction score
good to hear mate. best of luck with restarting the avodart. hope you able
to regain some ground though id still say its only noticeable to hairloss freaks like us!

:pint:

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats mate! Giving up alcohol is one of the hardest things you could do! Definitely an achievement to be proud of!

CCS

Reaction score
what a coincidence. My drunk friend made a commitment to stop drinking soda, and eat less junk food. I though he also stopped drinking, but not the case. Probably less, though.

antonio666

Reaction score
well losing hair is probably a good thing for my general health because up until 6 months ago i used to drink at least 40 pints of stella at the weekend
and about 10 doubl vodka and red bulls,but recently have been starting to go out again but only once every couple of weeks,although i did go to a lou reed concert a couple of weeks ago in hammersmith and did 3 E's.
So not exactly health concert

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't do E's, man, they screw your head up big time.

I know from bitter experience :roll:

And if you get a bad one, you end up ill, a mate of a mate died last Saturday from em :cry:

s.a.f

Reaction score
antonio666 said:
up until 6 months ago i used to drink at least 40 pints of stella at the weekend and about 10 doubl vodka and red bulls

Yeah right! :wink:

powersam

Reaction score
i've switched solely to snorting ground up finasteride. i do mainline a bit of dutasteride every now and then, mostly on weekends though.

G

Yo Aplunk,

I am glad you are doing better. I already told you once that you were a major inspiration for me when I first noticed my hairloss. Believe it or not, I am also doing better than I used to. I have basically accpeted my many mistakes, but hairloss I will never accept. :(

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Yo Aplunk,

I am glad you are doing better. I already told you once that you were a major inspiration for me when I first noticed my hairloss. Believe it or not, I am also doing better than I used to. I have basically accpeted my many mistakes, but hairloss I will never accept. :(

Thanks brother,
that means a LOT. I hope that our posts have communicated something that expressed how hurt we both were. You're a great poster, Tauge, and even though this forum IS different (I agree, 100%), I hope that you stick around.

CCS

Reaction score
I don't drink alcohol or anything else that will make me age faster because I want to live my 20's over again later when I get HM. Need to be youthful and fit to do that. I'm just trying to presurve myself the best I can an build the muscle and finances to live life right later. I can still have a little bit of fun until then, though, with maybe some average looking women.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I don't drink alcohol or anything else that will make me age faster because I want to live my 20's over again later when I get HM. Need to be youthful and fit to do that. I'm just trying to presurve myself the best I can an build the muscle and finances to live life right later. I can still have a little bit of fun until then, though, with maybe some average looking women.

you are a psycho

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:

you are a psycho