jack daniels and hair loss?

almo181

Reaction score
I have been reading around that drinking Jack Daniels Whiskey twice a week helps with hair regrowth. Would this even work? How would it work? Has anyone actually tried it? I have noticed my father who drinks usally a rye(whiskey) once a day is balding slower than me actually, i almsot caught up to him and im 16, and i get the balding from his side casue no one on my mothers side is balding at all.

Sean68

Reaction score
someone mentioned putting in the shampoo was a good idea.

sounds a bit mad to me though. youd have no idea how much to drink
for a start. a shot? a bottle?

Sean68

Reaction score
lol thats what always happens to me too!

quotes, who needs em.

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
http://www.antiaging.com/cyberhealth/CyberHealth_10.htm

The incidence of male pattern (androgenic) baldness has been found to be the highest among college professors, and lowest among skid-row winos. Winos are also known to have the cleanest arteries in the world (which of course doesn’t save them from dying of cirrhosis of the liver). Could there be a connection? Let me remind you that alcohol is an excellent vasodilator -- there is perhaps nothing quite like alcohol for dilating those peripheral blood vessels. And vasodilatation implies nitric oxide release.

http://www.medscape.com/medline/abstrac ... 3?prt=true

Separation and identification of phytoestrogenic compounds isolated from bourbon.

Alcohol Alcohol Suppl. 1987; 1:551-5 (ISSN: 1358-6173)
Rosenblum ER ; Van Thiel DH ; Campbell IM ; Eagon PK ; Gavaler JS
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA.

There is considerable evidence that several plant metabolites have estrogenic properties. Given that many alcoholic beverages are made from plants which have been shown to possess estrogenic activity, we considered the possibility that alcoholic beverages may contain estrogenically active substances. To evaluate this hypothesis we first extracted and then used gas chromatography/mass spectrometry to identify two phytoestrogens, biochanin A and beta-sitosterol in the bourbon extracts. Based on these findings we suggest that the feminization observed in chronic male alcoholics with liver disease may reflect, at least in part, the presence of biologically active phytoestrogens in the alcoholic beverages they consume.

So

Established Member
Reaction score
Aside from the ill effect that continual alcohol consumption will have upon your body and in particular your live which will undoubtedly destroy your hair in leaps and bounds you could always employ the use of, NO and Beta-Sis supplements.