Jack - (my story, just starting)

Jack23-

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Ya'll :woot:

I noticed my hair was thinning at around 20 and did basically bog all as i was in denial and a f*****g dumbass. At 22 i finally realised i had to do somthing or sooner or later i'd look like my science teacher.. :youbet:

I started on Rogaine 2% in October 07 and continued till June 08, in those 8 months, my hair got worse, and a lot thinner, upto the point of my hairloss being noticable. :bravo: (to myself for being a dumbass)

After discovering these forums and being told i'd been using the wrong strength Rogaine and i could buy 5% cheap on ebay, i got on minoxidil 5% after stopping a month. (Yep, i really was a dumb *** when it came to taking action quickly) :smack:

I began finasteride (Finpecia) exactly a month ago, so i have been on Finpecia 1 month at 0.5mg, minoxidil 5% about 2 months now. And Nizoral and Pregaine shampoo. At the minute my hair is looking the worse it's ever been. :thumbdown2:

I've only been on finasteride a month (0.5 till today - 1 month stage, now i'm taking 1mg - no sides) and i'm already starting to lose hope as my hair looks sh*t.

My hair is stawberry blonde and very fair, and has been all my life, my mothers hair is the same. I'm starting to think that if you have fair, light hair, and are trying to treat it with the big 3, can the treatments be significantly less effective than say a guy with thick black hair?
:dunno: