Jack123's Story (low dose Propecia, Rogaine)

Jack123

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd join in and keep a log of my progress, since I have always felt that personal experiences (successful or otherwise) are the most helpful posts.

About me: 29 y/o, probably Norwood 3v... basically my temples have receded up about an inch in relation to the middle of my hairline, and the top is thinner without an actual bald spot.

For the past two years I have used Rogaine once daily and Nizoral 1%, but the loss is still progressing. Finally decided to add Propecia to the mix, we will see how this goes. Starting off at .25mg, since there seems to be some debate as to whether 1 pill is nearly the same as 1/4... Also recently upgraded to Nizoral 2% (had used it once before but ran out and just used 1% for a long time).

A few interesting points so far:

Day 3 of the Propecia: Feel a bit low on energy, but I have had a crazy week so I think it's more a lack of sleep / not eating well... will see as the week progresses.

For the last few days I had used just the Nizoral when showering and then felt my head itching during the day. Today I put on some H&S conditioner after washing off the Nizoral and my head has felt fine all day... I think using just Nizoral dries the heck out of my scalp, so I need to make sure to use conditioner as well (I use the anti-itch H&S conditioner).

Other than that... nothing to report yet.

Jack123

Reaction score
Update since my last post.... still doing the .25mg of Propecia, nothing new to report. Mood and energy are normal, I think the "low" energy I mentioned earlier was simply due to a tiring week. I essentially feel the same as when I started. Too soon to notice any changes in my hair, so hopefully if / when I start to see some positive results the posts will become more interesting.