JackChap's story - (Thinning fast...Stressful year)

JackChap

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm 39 years old and have been rapidly losing my hair. I know 39 seems like the age you would say "Hey your 39...it happens" but I believe my hair loss started with me getting laid off from my job one year ago tomorrow. It was 9 months before I found a new job and needless to say I was VERY VERY STESSED and depressed while I was unemployed. I have a wife and 3 young children and suddenly I had no job. Along with the job loss My daughter broke her arm and needed emergeny surgery...it was bad and I was scared she was going to lose function of her arm. Thank god she's okay now.

I almost feel guilty worrying about this hair loss thing after everything else that went on but i need to be honest...I'm very worried.

Before this year I had a THICK head of hair and now the thinning is getting noticable. If I could just stop it somehow I would be okay with whats left up there but I think it's still falling fast.

After having semi long hair all my adult life I actually considered getting a buzz cut a few years back. Just thought it would be different. After telling my wife family and friends of my plan they pretty much said DON'T DO IT! "You Don't have the head for it" and "you can't pull it off" and "you'll look wierd" are some of the comments I got. So Admittedly I got very self concious about my "Look". Now with this happenning I can't help but think about all those comments.

Can a dermatologist really help?? Are there any solutions??

I'm very depressed about this...perhaps I shouldn't be but I am.

Any words of encouragement, advice or anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading this

Jack :(

antonio666

Reaction score
The good news is that at 39 ,the loss will be less agressive than if you were 19,my advice is get on propecia asap,if you need a bit of regrowth add minoxidil

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry about your situation mate. Some photos would help us to advise you but in the meantime you could look into getting onto Finasteride which comes in the form of a tablet which is taken daily. This reduces the dht which is the contributing factor to male pattern baldness and may help to slow your hairloss down or halt it for a while.
you can buy finasteride in the form of Propecia which contains 1mg (the daily recommended dose) or if money is an issue you could buy a form of Proscar which contains tablet with 5mg of finasteride which you would need to split into 5 pieces and take one of these pieces daily. This way works out cheaper.

JackChap

Reaction score
antonio666 said:
The good news is that at 39 ,the loss will be less agressive than if you were 19,my advice is get on propecia asap,if you need a bit of regrowth add minoxidil

I'm very naive about all this stuff and I like to hear from real people. Are there side effects with any of these treatment drugs??

RaginDemon

Reaction score
if i am 39 with a good family, I am very positive i wont be bothered with male pattern baldness.

The treatments do work but there are sides from finasteride and minoxidil according to most of the real ppl here.