Jaes' Story w/ pics

Jaes

Reaction score
Hello~

Little bit about myself. I'm 24 years old asian with receeding hair problem. I've always had a large forehead but over the past couple years, it has gotten worse.

I plan on seeing a doctor this week to get prescription for the big 3 propecia/rogaine/nizoral that everyone seems to recommand.

So what do you guys think? Do you definitly see a male pattern baldness and should I start the big 3 treatments right away?

Thanks.
I will be updating the progress as I start my treatments.

Front Shot
farshotkx4.jpg

Left Temple
lefttempledy0.jpg

Right Temple
righttempleyr9.jpg

frontal
frontalmu5.jpg

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you definately have typical male pattern baldness. i would say start the treatments as soon as possible and in a year you won't regret it.

barcafan

Reaction score
yes!!!! start it right away!

Remember: do not always look in the mirror every day and worry about it. Try to forget it and check back in a year and you will MOST LIKELY be very happy with your results if you stay on the big 3.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
big3 for sure. Give it a year before you change any of the big 3 items.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hairloss in the front of the head is a b**ch to grow back.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
Hairloss in the front of the head is a b**** to grow back.

Very nice of you being so encouraging although it's a true statement.

Jaes

Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:

I saw dietcola had some success with temple areas, hopefully I can get similar results. I will be starting my treatments this friday when Doctor gives me the prescriptions I need.

Is it safe to start the big 3 at the same time? could be pretty tough on the hair.

Thanks for all the replys. :D

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Jaes said:
WorldofWarcraft said:

I saw dietcola had some success with temple areas, hopefully I can get similar results. I will be starting my treatments this friday when Doctor gives me the prescriptions I need.

Is it safe to start the big 3 at the same time? could be pretty tough on the hair.

Thanks for all the replys. :D

pretty tough on the hair? DHT is already choking the sh*t outta your follicles....your hair will benefit from the meds.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You could see some shedding here and there. I was already on propecia for a few years, and then started the nizoral and foam, and i think I had an invisible shed after two months. You have to persevere, I think it's like shock loss or something. I think some hair just falls out.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I do not think the full reality of the situation has sunken in with Jaes yet. Someone needs to scare him into reality, especially if he is worried that hairloss medications might be "tough on his hair."

p.s. I still don't see regrowth on dietcola's temples. Different lighting, hairstyles, hair products, and camera angles give off different looking temples. I could make myself a NW3 and a NW1.5 in two seconds if I work my hair the right way.

I am not saying he did it on purpose, but I only see a thin strip of hair regrowthing in his temples along the sides. Nothing to write home about.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
I do not think the full reality of the situation has sunken in with Jaes yet. Someone needs to scare him into reality, especially if he is worried that hairloss medications might be "tough on his hair."

p.s. I still don't see regrowth on dietcola's temples. Different lighting, hairstyles, hair products, and camera angles give off different looking temples. I could make myself a NW3 and a NW1.5 in two seconds if I work my hair the right way.

I am not saying he did it on purpose, but I only see a thin strip of hair regrowthing in his temples along the sides. Nothing to write home about.

I know what you mean. You wanted to tell him what the reality is, but sometimes you just gotta do it in a softer tone. Acceptance is maybe the hardest part in battling hairloss.

Reaction score
I dont think you'll have to worry about any of them being tuff on the hair

as others have said, shedding is part of the process

if you are worried about secondary effects, then maybe you should begin with either finasteride or minoxidil one week, and if everything is fine then add the other products and keep it strong

dont lose time like I [and I bet others] did

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Captain_Charisma said:
I dont think you'll have to worry about any of them being tuff on the hair

as others have said, shedding is part of the process

if you are worried about secondary effects, then maybe you should begin with either finasteride or minoxidil one week, and if everything is fine then add the other products and keep it strong

dont lose time like I [and I bet others] did

I cant agree more, I wish I started finasteride a year earlier.

Jaes

Reaction score
Hi guys, an update. It's been about a week since I started the big 3 treatments.

I'm not able to use rogaine twice a day tho. I cannot stand how it messes up my hair when going to work. So what I been doing is put rogaine on right after work then wash it off when I leave for work in the morning.

So for 12 hours I'll have rogaine on and not for the other 12 hours.

Do you guys think this would still help with the regrowing process?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Jaes said:
Hi guys, an update. It's been about a week since I started the big 3 treatments.

I'm not able to use rogaine twice a day tho. I cannot stand how it messes up my hair when going to work. So what I been doing is put rogaine on right after work then wash it off when I leave for work in the morning.

So for 12 hours I'll have rogaine on and not for the other 12 hours.

Do you guys think this would still help with the regrowing process?

Tough to say with any certainty....its def not going to be as effective as 2 treatments a day.

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score
i think twice a day can be more effective but i put minoxidil once a day and i'm (slowly) getting some results..

don't know if the results are from finasteride or minoxidil :roll:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I apply foam once a day and I am getting some results as well.

I am going to try twice a day to see if it makes a difference.