Jamesfinch's Story - (23 1 yr finasteride, 4 yrs regaine, SUCCESS )

jamesfinch

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm 23, and i started noticing my hair loss when i was about 17-18. My crown has always been ok but my forehead has been getting bigger and bigger ever since. i ignored my hair loss for a good year or so before getting onto regaine. I noticed the hair loss did slow somewhat and my hair did seem to get a bit thicker but my hairloss continued and my hairline kept receeding. One year ago i started on fincar (inhousepharmacy) cut into 1/4s and i havent looked back.
My hairline has thicker and hasnt moved in a year. All of my hair is now thicker, to such an extent that it is now easier to style -my styled hair hasnt looked this good in years, its no longer whispy and droopy, now it does what i want.
There used to be a time when every time i styled my hair i would count 20-30 hairs in my hand (always depressing), now i'm surprised if there is more than 2 or 3.
I just thought I would post some photos for you all to see and just say finasteride really does work and fincar from inhousepharmcy (very cheap, only 45ish for a year) is a legitimate source.

one thing i should say though is i did have a few problems getting an erection when i first started taking my finasteride but that wasnt very often and it passed after a few months...... i'm now back to my horny self -so stick at it.
anyway here are my photos:
i know they are nothing drastic but the hairline is definitely more defined now and i no longer have tiny, thin little hairs along the hairline. All the photos are taken with wet hair combed back, with a flash
anyway let me know what you think?

[attachment=3:3hu1iyi7]17.09.07wet 007.jpg[/attachment:3hu1iyi7]

[attachment=2:3hu1iyi7]14.1.08 028.jpg[/attachment:3hu1iyi7]

[attachment=1:3hu1iyi7]6.3.08 002.jpg[/attachment:3hu1iyi7]

[attachment=0:3hu1iyi7]1.12.08 010.jpg[/attachment:3hu1iyi7]

also i have some questions...........
HOw long will i be able to maintain this hairline for? could i potentially still have this hairline at 30?
Will i eventually become resistant to finasteride and my hair start falling out again?

Attachments

• 17.09.07wet 007.jpg
    17.09.07wet 007.jpg
    868.3 KB · Views: 378
  • 14.1.08 028.jpg
    14.1.08 028.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 319
  • 6.3.08 002.jpg
    6.3.08 002.jpg
    1,020.6 KB · Views: 279
  • 1.12.08 010.jpg
    1.12.08 010.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 313

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: 23. 1 yr finasteride, 4 yrs regaine, SUCCESS (wit pictures)

That's brilliant mate. Hairlines I think are usually quite hard to regrow. (Harder than the crown anyway). Did you shed?

As for how long...some people have been on finasteride for 14 years and maintained for all of that time and still going. Others aren't so lucky and see results fade in 5 years or less as DHT catches up to the point finasteride can no longer suppress enough of it to keep hair in good shape. - But then you can add other things to the regime to try and stabalise the loss again using something else or increasing dosage. Can't predict it, but I wouldn't be suprised if you kept that into your 30s.

jamesfinch

Reaction score

thanks for the info bud

Well i've just been travelling for 8 months and about 4 months into my trip (6 months on finasteride) i had a really bad shed. i thought it was the end of my hair, everytime i put my hand through my hair hairs would fall out...... I basically wore a hat for a month and it all came back better than ever.

Can i expect more sheds? i hope not, it wasnt particularly fun

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I think some people shed more than once, others don't shed at all. Again, it seems pretty random.

How long did your shed last? And did it make your hair actually look worse on a whole, or was it just the psychological effect of watching hairs come out? Either way, looks great now.

jamesfinch

Reaction score

it probaly lasted 6 weeks. and yes my hair looked terrible if i'm honest. all my hair was really whispy. I've always been quite good a styling my hair so people dont notice my hairloss, but i got a lot of "oh you're going bald" comments in that time, which obviously didnt help matters. But it was worth it in the long run. My hair is even better than before the shed.

I hope i dont get another shed though........ but we shall see

Petchsky

Reaction score

The worst of my sheds ended before the 1 year mark and the sheds since are just seasonal sheds that everyone gets, so i think you will be safe

Jayster

Reaction score
So shedding is normal when taking 1.25 mg finasteride? How much shedding should I expect and should I stop taking 1.25 finasteride if it persists? Will 1 mg finasteride make you shed?