Japanfour's Story (19)

Japanfour

Reaction score
Hey guys! I've been lurking on here for a while, but I keep getting drawn back in everytime I hear about new "advancements". I think the last one I was really hoping for was the A & G hair complex, but that unfortunately went the way of all snake oils...

So about myself...I came here a year ago and posted some pics under the name "homer123" but i forgot my password and got lazy. Anyways, I originally thought my hairloss was due to taking the drug accutane, but I'm pretty sure that all accutane did was start it alittle earlier. Sucks for me right? I'm currently on proscar right now, and have been for 6 months (since april-ish)

Here's a link to some pics from back then after I got a buzzcut, it's sad but I think my hair was better last year. (Right before I started using proscar)

http://img6.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=frontm.png

My hair was considered one of my best features back in the day (like 3 years ago lol) and now it's falling out at the temples like there's no tomorrow. My hairline is shot as well, but my crown is doing pretty good. I still spike my hair up in the front cause it looks alright, but if ever tried to slick it back like I used to well....see for yourself below (*shudders*)

slickleftside.png

slickoverhead.png

Here it is dried no gel:

frontz.png

leftside.png

And here it is wet, looking like sh!t :whistle:

wet1.png

...and the crown:

cwn.png

So here's my question to you guys, what norwood am I?
I thought maybe 2.5, but these days it's looking pretty rough.
I might be going through a shed, because a couple months ago it was looking awesome. I'm still gonna ride it out, but I am kindof concerned about another issue...

BONUS QUESTION: Is this guys gone wild material? I'm kindof worried I might be developing moobs. The only reason I haven't quit proscar is because I'm gaining right now for body building, and my chest is usually bigger anyways. I just don't want it to get to the point where I need a bra :shock:

So....

Guy yes? Or Gyno?

nipslol.png

ggw.png

Thanks guys!

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
You don't have gyno, do some aerobic excersise and try to reduce body fat. Your pattern and hair characteristics looks like jude law's. I would say you re a thick Norwood 3. Add minoxidil in the hairline, it will help you alot.

Good luck

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No way is he a three. Norwood 2 at most. Look at the scales, NW3 has tons of temple loss.

Your hair still looks great but you better get your *** on propecia if you are already that bald at 19 or else you will be totally bald and hideous by 30.

Japanfour

Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
you better get your *** on propecia if you are already that bald at 19 or else you will be totally bald and hideous by 30.

Haha nice way of putting it, but yeah I agree. You gotta read the post though man, I've already been on proscar for 6 months. The only reason I'm sort of happy with my situation is that I feel like I would be a good candidate for a FUE transplant later on. I was checking out alvi armani's website and I feel like that's probably my best option.

astros148

Established Member
Reaction score
why are you already talking about hair transplant lol . just stay on finasteride and get on some minoxidil for the hairline.

Japanfour

Reaction score
Haha I'm definitely sticking to the proscar for awhile, and if it gets bad enough I'll throw in some minoxidil. The hair transplant thing is just something I'd consider maybe 5 years from now, and hopefully by then the prices will have gone down somewhat because I am anything but "loaded" :(

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, there's nothing wrong with your hair.
Just stay on finasteride and keep what you have. With some wax/spray, I bet it looks awesome.