Jas021's Story - ( 23 / Hot Topic and Regimen)

jas021

Reaction score
I'm 23 years of age and I noticed some thinning of my hair.. So I contacted Ashley and Martin, and also did some research online (forums etc). I found it interesting when I went to Ashley and Martin after I did my research. Well worth doing the research by the way..

Basically the guy was a sales consultant, not a doctor, they say that the sales consultant has had training for hairloss.. ahh maybe just training for sales! Basically he did try to force me into the program, telling me I'd look 10 years younger and if i didnt act i would go bald after 6 months.. He also offered me $1000 off because I'm a student... One thing that came up in our conversation was that I told him, I can buy Minoxidil from any pharmacy for much cheaper, and also get proscar on prescription..

He told me that the 5% Minoxidil has only a 60% chance of regrowth, but the A&M Minoxidil, which is 7% and has a form of acid in it has a 98% chance of regrowth?????? Does anyone know if this is true, and/or is this just another sales bluff?

I'm interested to know does the laser treatment help with hairloss?? I mean im taking proscar and minoxidil 5% currently after 2 months, and I'm seeing that my hair is somewhat improving..

A&M also offer single session laser treatments, for $50 a session..

Would anyone else recommend anything else I should be doing in my regimen? I'm also interested to know what the Saw Palmetto stuff does?

I love this forum, such a good insights for hairlosses and knowing that we can share our info so each.. and the best part not get ripped off in the process

I'd really appreciate if you could give me some advise. :)

jas021

Reaction score
Re: Ashley and Martin Hot Topic and Regimen

Thanks mate. Yeah, I agree, I also went to Advanced Hair Studios and um they were a little more careful, however they still use a marketing campaign and really try to get you in.. I mean using shane warne as some creditability to me thats not ethical, he would've payed nothing for the products, and I doubt he's just had laser treatment..

I've studied marketing, and as soon as I walked into both of A&M and Advanced, you basically fill out a marketing survey for them.. It's just ridiculous..

I'll check the nizoral shampoo and see how it goes..

Cheers

jas021

Reaction score
Re: Ashley and Martin Hot Topic and Regimen

Still not clear on 7% minoxidil?? Is it more effective than the standard 5% minoxidil.. According to A&M, 7% has a 98% chance of regrowth, compared to 60% chance with the 5% minoxdil.... ? Taken from the trained consultant at A&M..

jas021

Reaction score
Thanks mate for your help again.. Um just looking at the Nizoral Shampoo, which one do you get?
Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Treatment 1% 100ml
Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Treatment 2% 100ml

Also.. just curious about your results? Have you actually lost any hair since using your regimen? Anymore than what you noticed?

Cheers

jas021

Reaction score
Hi BodyDysmorphic,

Just curious of your regimen... You use some other stuff as well.. Do you notice a big improvement from that?

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
hmm well its hard to say at the moment

i think so but im still early in my treatments (only been like 3-4 months)

i am seeing an improvement though sooo yes

to answer your question though i am not seeing an BIG improvement with also using topical spironolactone and folligen

but these "extra" lines of defense help me feel like im doing every thing i can to stop further loss and experience re growth

hope this answered your question

cheers mate

jas021

Reaction score
Hi I did post some questions regarding hair loss and what action could be taken using my own regimen or by using Ashley and Martin or Advanced Hair Studio.

I now have another questions which just crossed my mind, but I don't know what the answer is, so thats why I'm raising the question on this great forum.

Because hereditary hair loss seems to be caused by testosterone and male hormones, if you have sexual intercourse on a regular basis or not much or a lot, could this effect your hair loss and does anyone know if their is any discussions or evidence on this topic? Because as we know the finasteride tablets do effect the male hormones and sex drive.

It would be great to hear the responses on this topic. Thanks