JASON. sulphur-MSM-salycylic acid-tea tree shampoo

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
Just came across this one. I might add it to the rotation. Ive been curious about sulfur for a while, and the rest of the ingredients look good as well.

418S56SQADL._SS500_.jpg

Ingredients
Active Ingredients: Colloidal Sulfur 2%, Salicylic Acid 2%.

Ingredients
Aqua (Purified Soft Water), Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Cocomidopropyl Betaine, Lamanaire Saccharina (Seaweed) Extract, Sodium Myreth Sulfate, Potassium Cocyl Glutamate, Panthenol (Vit.B), Lauramide MEA, MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane), Avena Sativa (Hydrolyzed Oat Protein), Glycerin (Vege), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Virgin Olea Europaea (Olive Oil), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Xanthan Gum, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree Oil), Silica Extract, Undecylenoyl Glycin

peter079

Established Member
Reaction score
This may be a good substitute for people who want to use nizoral but get irritation like me.
Where can you get it?
Is it expensive?

How do we know that all the ingredients are in there? Are manufacturers of products like these checked to make sure that all the ingredients are used?

Have you used it? Is it really harsh? Does it leave the hair oily?

VoteForPedro

Reaction score
wow! thanks. this will really help...and if it doesn't it couldnt hurt. by the way...ever tried the sebum killing shampoo by healthy hair plus? i use it. i think it is working...and it's gentle so you won't damage anything BUT the results are slight and gradual. but it DOES help...as does correction in your diet and exercise, etc. but thanks for this recommendation.

cheers,

VFP

G

peter079 said:
This may be a good substitute for people who want to use nizoral but get irritation like me.
Where can you get it?
Is it expensive?

How do we know that all the ingredients are in there? Are manufacturers of products like these checked to make sure that all the ingredients are used?

Have you used it? Is it really harsh? Does it leave the hair oily?

Does this shampoo have keto in it? I don't see it in the ingredients.

peter079

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think it has keto. But I have checked up on the two active ingredients (colloidal sulfur, saqlicylic acid) and these are both powerful anti-bacterials, and have been used to improve acne, seborrhea and psoriasis for years.

Salicylic acid is also an exfoliant and clears blocked pores.

Also no lauryl sulfates (written on label) which are harsh and are often responsible for dermatitis.

Other ingredients which may help skin:
seaweed extract
hydrolyzed oat protein
jojoba oil
olive oil
vitamin e
tea tree oil

I have never tried this shampoo but I hope it is not to oily. It will be harder for minoxidil to penetrate if the scalp is oily, that's why at the moment I just use soap.