jason85's story - (22 and losing hair.)

jason85

Reaction score
I can't believe this! I am only 22 years old but am bald like a 35 something! I need help.

I exersice regularly, don't drink, smoke, etc but constantly lose hair.

My scalp itches like I have flies or something (which I know I don't)

here are some pics..

http://www.UploadYourImages.com/view/473387frontal.jpg

http://www.UploadYourImages.com/view/214855frontal2.jpg

http://www.UploadYourImages.com/view/190869side.jpg

its embarrasing to be only 22 years old and that bald.

What can I do to stop it and possibly regrow some back?

Thank you.

EDIT - CHECK 2ND PAGE FOR MY PROGRESS AND UPDATE!

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 22 and losing hair.

jason85 said:
What can I do to stop it and possibly regrow some back?
it looks like you caught it early,temples looks in good shape.If you want it to stop then you have to use finasteride 1 mg daily.For major regrowth you have to use minoxidil foam or liquid with finasteride and 2% nizoral 3x week. :)

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
I was in kind of the same situation and if I had the knowledge I have now I probably would of taken dutasteride for around 18 months for full effects of regrowth then toned it down to finasteride.

jason85

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick replies guys!

Now I've heard about those online pharcmacies where you don't need a perscription to order? Are they still around? Perferably one thats reliable and has a solid reputation.

Also whats the diffrence between dutasteride and finasteride?

So I need:

- Finasteride 2%
- Nizoral 3x week
- Minoxidil

Where can I get these products online? Also what is Minoxidil exactly?

Jm0311

Reaction score
i would say not to bother with the online pharmacy for now....go to your doctor. get a script for propecia. buy 60 days worth and start with .50mg to see if you get any sides while still researching more options. he might even prescribe you proscar which you could cut that into 1/4s or 1/8s

Get Nizoral 1% or 2% Shampoo
If you want temple regrowth get Rogaine Foam
Drink some green tea, and start eating healthy, workout.

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

Established Member
Reaction score
jason85 said:
So I need:

- Finasteride 2%
- Nizoral 3x week
- Minoxidil

Also

ooops. finasteride 2%??? finasteride comes in tablet form of 5 mg,but for hair loss fda approved 1 mg.so,you have to cut it in five parts which is a tough call.so better cutt 1/4th.

nizoral is a shampoo which comes in composition of 1% and 2%.it is advised to use it 3 times in a week.

what is Minoxidil exactly?
minoxidil comes in two version-foam and liquid ,with two strength 2% and 5%.it is advised to use it 2 times daily on affected area for regrowth and maintainance.

Where can I get these products online?

1)Equate brand minoxidil 5s sold at walmart for $17 for 3 bottles.

2)www.inhousepharmacy.com

3)www.unitedpharmacy.com

whats the diffrence between dutasteride and finasteride?

both drugs are used for prostate cancer as well as hairloss,but dutasteride shows more efficiency over finasteride.

454zdop.gif

Jm0311

Reaction score
is there more sides involved with dutasteride? is there any known long term effects? im trying to decide between the two

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well man, your doing the right thing by treating it now. i have the same loss as you, very frustrating because i'm only 21 and i can't style my hair without everyone seeing that i'm receeding like most balding men do much later in life. luckily my treatments are working, finasteride and minoxidil that is.

jason85

Reaction score
bald is beautiful said:
both drugs are used for prostate cancer as well as hairloss,but dutasteride shows more efficiency over finasteride.

so, does that mean that dutasteride is better?

jason85

Reaction score
Thanks for all the insightful information and replies guys! I really appriciate it!. I'll update you guys soon.

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

Established Member
Reaction score
Why not use fincar. 30 fincar tablets costs 27$ and it will last 120 days if you cut it 1/4th .all you need a $5 pill cutter, you can get at Walgreens.Whereas finpecia cost you 25$ for 30 days.

jason85

Reaction score
I'm Back

Ok guys, since my first post, I am on finpecia by cipla one pill aday. Here's my current situation;

-the itching on my head has been reduced, but sometimes it still does accur (and very annoying when it does!). I now know everytime my head itches I will be losing hair.

-my hairline is contiues to recede, and I am continuing to loss hair at the front. sorry I cannot post pics right now (will do so tomorrow).

Few questions;

- is it okay if I switch to propecia right now?

-is there any diffrence between finpecia and propecia (aside from the fact that finasteride is a generic brand of propecia)?

-is it better to take finpecia or propecia?

-after 4 months into taking finasteride, what should I expect (shedding, regrowth, etc...)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
you should expect a reduction in shedding, and the itching should have stopped. Your hair should appear more healthy.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
jason85 said:
bald is beautiful said:

so, does that mean that dutasteride is better?

dutasteride blocks more DHT than finasteride.