jasonk's story- (Reg: dutasteride, minoxidil, Supps, & X5 Laser)

jasonk

Reaction score
Growing up I had such thick hair. It was so thick in fact, that I constantly wished it would thin out. (Becareful what you wish for, eh?) I remember always having to condition my hair whenever I wanted to style it. It was a pain in the ***... If I didn't my hair would just 'fro out. I also remember hair stylists always complimenting my thick, thick hair. I even broke a pair of professional clippers. There was also a time or two where a stylist told me that I would never have to worry about going bald. (They were trying to comfort me because my haircut was giving them troubles.)

My before hair loss days...

Age: 22 When I first realized my hair had thinned out and my temples had receded quite far (I didn't have any thinning at the vertex yet at this point)

Age: 25 These photos were taken last night. (June 28th, 2011) (Over 120bs thinner too)

I was wondering what you guys would rate my hair loss pattern on the Norwood scale? I have my hair brushed forward with kirkland 5% minoxidil on my scalp.

I'm thinking I'm at NW4?

I noticed my receding temples around 4-5 years ago, and from there I became thinner and thinner. At first I thought it was because of the Atkins diet I had been on at the time. I was so convinced that I would never lose my hair... After stopping the diet, not only had my hair not grown back, but I noticed more and more thinning.

I'm going to do my best to grow as much as I can back through medication, and hope that I don't end up needing an hair transplant for a better frontal hairline. Right now for cosmetic purposes, I'm using Toppik to get by. Unfortunately, it's a pain in the *** and can be quite messy. I mean, if I had a better hairline, it would be fantastic. (I'm even using the hairline optimizer comb & Spray applicator) I'm probably going to try haircubed next. Hopefully that will that makes things less messy and time consuming.

My Regimen: (Started June 24th, 2011)

Kirkland minoxidil %5 (2x a day) - I use a 0.50mm derma-roller right after.
Dutasteride 0.5mg
Regenepure DR Scalp Treatment anti Hair Loss and Dandruff Shampoo
Ds Laboratories Revita.cor High Performance Hair Growth Stimulating Conditioner
X5 Laser

I purchased the X5 Laser, and plan on using that at least the minimum suggested time, though I plan on using almost daily. Just in case...

I think I prefer to take Finasteride (5mg cut in either 4/5 doses) but I'm still waiting for the package from 4rx.com. I ordered the Dutasteride and Finasteride at the same time, and expected them to arrive at the same time. Apparently 1 hasn't made it yet, and after talking to their support staff, they've resent it. I'll update what happens with this...

If any of you choose to order from 4rx.com, you can use this code: K59JG83T for 10% off the order or %20 percent more pills. (I made these bold so if people come here looking for a code, it's easy to identify)

I have mixed feelings toward these guys right now. The first 2 of three packages arrived on time. (They were both the Dutasteride - 365 pills) I contacted their support about the other ones, and the support staff was very quick, friendly, and spoke good English. So I haven't written them off yet... I feel like I scored an amazing deal on price.

So until the Finasteride comes, I'll be taking the Dutasteride. Maybe by the time finasteride comes in, I'll have decided to stick with dutasteride. I'm not sure. I kinda want to have dutasteride as a backup if finasteride doesn't work well. Though a part of me wants to pioneer this dutasteride stuff, since there is so little results info out there for it.

I'm also looking into an easier / less messy way to apply the kirkland minoxidil to my hair. I'd rather not change the minoxidil solution because of price... But I may if I don't find a better application method. I was looking into one of those applicator combs like seen @ http://www.gcpllc.com/

Have any of you used one? Or have any better ideas for applying the minoxidil without getting it all in the hair?

I'll post new pictures at the end of each month. Here's to hoping I'm an excellent and quick responder to these treatments.

Based off my photos, regimen and time of starting 3-4 years after noticing my hair loss... What are the chances I'll get some of my temples back?

I'm open to any suggestions or feedback.

dboy

Reaction score
Re: 25yr old NW4? (Reg: dutasteride, minoxidil, Supps, & X5 Laser)

Any side effects from the dutasteride?

jasonk

Reaction score
Re: 25yr old NW4? (Reg: dutasteride, minoxidil, Supps, & X5 Laser)

Well it's only been 5 days since I've started taking the pill. On day 3 I noticed a brief (10-15 seconds) tingling/cramping sensation where my perineum is. I don't know if it's due to the dutasteride or the fact that I've recently began training my PC muscle, which of course is in the same spot. The feeling was a little scary, but I'm not sure if the dutasteride could act that quickly?

bobi

Reaction score
unbelievable it's exactly my story so let me save you some time.
I use haircubed now after trying toppik and it's perfect for our situation
very easy to use and no messy things