Jay1987's Story - (21)

jay1987

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been reading these topics and posts for a while now and decided i should post my own story up. I am 21 years old and believe i am receeding at the temples of my head. I have become very self conscious about this and am looking into ways to help the situation. I am not inclined to take MINIOXIDIL because as im aware as soon as you stop taking it you lose all the hard work you have gained. I know quite a bit this is about accepting you will lose your hair but after all I am only 21 id have thought id lose my hair in my 40s at least. Anyway any help on the best product available to me is very much appreciated. Also i am greying at the sides of my head and have no idea why. someone help.

Thanks......

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Jay1987, well when I started to thin at about 12-13 years old, I started to get grey hairs around that time aswell, maybe it has something to do with the whole imflammation thing associated with male pattern baldness. As for treatments, you will do well with taking proscar a generic form of propecia and nizoral shampoo every other day. Getting on medication to lower DHT in your scalp ASAP is very important; the longer you wait the more you will thin.