Jayman's hair transplant reasoning for NW2's and 3's: please comment

CCS

Reaction score
He says the average person has 100,000 hairs pre-male pattern baldness. Some estimates are as high as 120,000. So if you are NW3, and lost at most 25% of your hair, you have at least 75,000 hairs on your head. If you use dutasteride and nizoral, you can keep all of them. Then use FUE to transfer hairs from all over your head, not just your horse shoe, evenly, and you can end up with 3/4 of your density everywhere, transfering maybe 18,000 follicles.

With 3/4 density everywhere, one would not look bald at all, and could have a NW1.

What do you guys think?
------------------

I think the total hair area is about 100 square inches, give or take per person. That is the area of a half sphere 8 inches in diameter. If you have a hair every mm, that is 100 per cm2, or 650 per inch squared. There might be some doublets in there. I'd assume a NW3 has lower density everywhere, maybe 500 per square inch. So 50,000 hairs total. Judging from the area of my hair piece, 25 square inches, and looking at myself, I think the area I must fill is 1/5 of my total hair. So I would need 12,000 hairs in that area to match the density. I already have about 3,000. So I'd have to move 9,000 to get 80% density in front. That is based on 15,000 being full density based off 500 per sq inch.

Without getting into the whole propecia long term strength issues, do you think that gradually moving the hair over several sessions spread 5 months apart would lead to huge shock loss?

Do you think male pattern baldness donor hair is much thinner than this?

Using leg hair to put up there too could save donor hair, but could also make leg scars.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
Will dutasteride and Nizoral help retain hair forever? and for everyone? i doubt. What if meds dont work for you?

CCS

Reaction score
Yeah, I know about that issue. My question though was whether you think 10,000 total FUEs would leave my extended horse shoe with less than 75% density. And do you think FUE causes shock loss in the donor area.