Jay's story

Jay11

Reaction score
I started losing hair 3 years ago. I actually lost hair during my adolescence years but my hair grew back all the time so there were no problems. At age 19 (3 years ago) I started noticing that I was actually losing hair after the lady at the barber shop pointed out that I had a bald spot (not sure what you call it but the area right above my forehead in the corners).

I was a little depressed in the beginning. It was something new to me that I never thought would occur. But you know, faith in God is what keeps me smiling today. I was raised to believe that God does everything for a reason and that he will reward you if you keep patient. So, God is what keeps me from being angry.
Also, I am a big believer that nobody on this earth dies without having experienced some problems. Everyone has problems in their life in one way or another. Some are more difficult to live with, but to me I thought hairloss is easier to live with than many other problems like losing a loved one, having a disease such as cancer, poverty, being kidnapped.
That’s how I told myself that hairloss is not such a big deal. It’s not that I just say it but I believe in it. How many bald men are there that don’t seem to have a bad life? We see a lot.

I will not take anything to prevent my hairloss from getting worse. I am fine shaving it and wearing my baseball hat. I do not want to take a risk having side-effects that could be irreversible. Now, I have lost hair and there is no physical pain so that’s not hard to live with. But if side-effects appear I am just not sure how I would live with it. Ever heard of the saying “Don’t fix what ain’t broken?†Anyway, that’s just my choice and I respect everybody else’s choice.

In short, my whole point is that I wanted to share with you the impact religion can have when you go through a tough time. You have probably heard this before.

To me, I don’t think of ‘why did you God cause this to me’ because as I said everyone goes through difficult moments and sometimes they make us stronger.

Losing hair is what has kept me grateful to God for giving me hair to begin with. Believer it or not, I actualy cry tears of joy for all those years I had hair as a child. I remember how beautiful it was and I am grateful to God for having the chance of 18 years of good hair. I can't ask for more from Him.

Peace and best wishes to everyone. (I hope I haven’t offended anyone)

G

I enjoyed reading your story even though I can´t relate to you. But you seem like a really nice, positve guy. So, I won´t even try to convert you to become a finasteride user but let me remind you that minoxidil/Rogaine has absolutly no side effects apart from maybe a bloated face. And this is 100% reversible, of course. So, you might look into it. You have nothing to lose and you might still shave it as you are doing now.

Look, you believe in god, but if you would get another terrible disease such as cancer you would get on treatments as well, right? it is up to you.

Good Luck and thanks again for posting.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
good attitude you got for sure.

barcafan

Reaction score
I disagree with religion and god as a whole but it's good that you are positive. Good luck.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
I enjoyed reading your story even though I can´t relate to you. But you seem like a really nice, positve guy. So, I won´t even try to convert you to become a finasteride user but let me remind you that minoxidil/Rogaine has absolutly no side effects apart from maybe a bloated face. And this is 100% reversible, of course. So, you might look into it. You have nothing to lose and you might still shave it as you are doing now.

Look, you believe in god, but if you would get another terrible disease such as cancer you would get on treatments as well, right? it is up to you.

Good Luck and thanks again for posting.

You should be more postive myself my friend.