Sypel

Reaction score
Hi,

I am in need of help before i suffer a metal breakdown

Ineed some support and encouragement on what to do

After reading so many sad stories i then become sad myself

I have added 2 pictures one from 2007 and one from now

i started noticing hairloss on my temple in 2008 but always kept my hair long

it is not only til now where i shaved my hair to see the full extent i am now 21 and think im about to cry :(

Its not that i look bad with short hair it that i love my long hair it disguised that i had a receeding hairline until now

i have a full set of hair everywhere else just that region of hair im losing on both left and right sides

I am wondering you guys can show me what it would look like if i left it... and also what should i do

ive been reading up in propecia it seems quiet expensive but im willing to do it

And for some reason when i saved my head btw thats picture there is about 1 month after i shaved my head All number 2

my head has a indent like between my crown and my front there is an indent i dunno how to explain it its like
If you get what mean ? is there a cause for this should i see my doctor?
Ill draw a pic on paint and paste it here (sorry for the crappy drawing) but you get the idea theres like a gap missing on the top of my head?

Its not that i look bad with a short cut i do look alright when i wax my eyebrows and clean shave i look good with short hair its just the dent that scares me too and ill prob get a nose job lol making me laugh right now

EDIT:

Family History:

The thing is most of my cousins uncles from my mum side have full sets of hair except 3 of them which have extensive Norwood 2 without the crown he is 19 younger than me

but my uncles from my mum side all have full sets of hair so does my grandpa

for my fathers side only him and his other brother have bald scalps the rest have full sets of hair and so did my dads dad

Attachments

• John.JPG
    John.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 157
  • indent.JPG
    indent.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 153

Sypel

Reaction score
Please don't be mean and give me proper answrs I come here for support not to be insulted

malo

Established Member
Reaction score
First, how old are you? If you are over twenty-five I would say you are doing great hair wise.
Hair loss can come from either side of your family. Usually your father or maternal grandfather are indicators of your genetics, but not always. In some cases hair loss or lack there of can skip a generation.
If you are really concerned go to a doctor who can perform a HairDX test or a miniaturization study on your hair.
If he says you are experiencing male pattern baldness ask him about Propecia and or Minoxidil.
However from the pictures you posted you look like you have no real loss. If your hairline is receding you might just be developing a mature hairline which almost everybody does after puberty.

cuebald

Reaction score
You don't have any hairloss - you have a minor mature hairline if even that

Sypel

Reaction score
So it wont worsen?

The right side of my temple has more hairloss then the left?

When should i start worrying?

im 21 atm

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah my right temple is also worse, I think its because that is the side that I sleep on. Start applying Rogaine foam on the temple region 2X a day that may thicken it up, but u have to stick with it and be consistent. You look to be in the very early stage and the product claims to work best in the earlier stage.

cuebald

Reaction score
You have gone from a NW1 to a NW1.5 which is classed as a "mature hairline".
95%+ of males change from NW1 to ~NW2 or so during the ages 18-25.
Look around, very few people your age will have a perfect NW1. There'll be teenagers with the hairline you present to us now.

If you use minoxidil it'll make you shed for no benefit, you can use Finasteride if you really want - to prevent any possible male pattern baldness. (some people do this if their family tree is full of male pattern baldness). Finasteride inhibits any further balding (not that you really have any anyway) so taking say 0.5mg daily will lower production of DHT (lowering any possible damage to the follicles).
Be aware that inhibiting DHT may also stop any further body hair from growing in, and it may have other side effects too.

If I were you I'd maybe consider finasteride (but Only if my family tree was full of people who went bald in their 20's) - then I would take another picture in 6 - 12 months time and compare.