JC, 26

JaySizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Firstly I'd like to say hi to everyone on here. Ive read up a lot of informative threads and I would like to start my own as I took some pics. Let the journey begin as of... NOW.

SO heres my story. I always had thick hair. too thick.. Being asian, I always wanted finer hair that was easier to manage and style.. Well I got my wish... But the downfall.... It would get thinner and thinner lol. The funny thing is, it wasnt up until the last month I really noticed my receding hairline. It probably has been going on for about Telogen Effluvium last year or 2. I just havent noticed because of my faux hawk style cut which basically masks the temporal hairline area. It was an absolute shock when i realized how much receding was going on and the finess of the hair in that area. But it wasnt until a few days ago that I noticed my crown. I never felt thinning hair or scalp when i styled my hair as the frontal part of my head was still very full of hair. the only time you woudl see any scalp aall was if it was drenchin wet. nonetheless i knew i was going through male pattern baldness because of my recession. RIght now these are the meds I am on. I know a lot of you are going to tell me to get off certain supplements and go on the Big 3. but for now I am on these

nizoral 2% every other day
DHT blocking shampoo and conditioners
Saw Palmetto
MSM
MIN 2%
*still debating on going on propecia only and ditching the MIN since my hairloss isnt that bad and the little regrowth needed so far coudl probably be treated by finasteride alone... what do you guys think?

The MIN surprisingly isnt as greasy as i anticipated and i am very pleased as to how its not really weighing down my hair. i have rogaine foam on the way. Im in vancouver canada and i dont hink the foam is avail in canada yet but someone here got some and is selling it. 3 months for 30 bucks!! cant beat that! as for the liquid MIN im using its the generic drug store brand (london drugs). neways here are pics as of today. pics are wet and dry. ill take pics every 6 weeks. i will generally keep my hair about this length is not just a tad shorter. im tempted to buzz it so i can get a real look at what im ddealing with but dont really want to just yet. theres also a pic of me with a buzzcut from the past spring/summer. im surpirsed i didnt notice the hair recession and or thinning crown at that time.. its weird how you will only see things when you are really looking for it and how your mind can play games on you when you dont pay attn when looking in the mirror... you see what you expect to see i guess. and thats probably the main reason why a lot of men dont catctheir male pattern baldness until its too late... my friends think im crazy and paranoid!

DSC00252.jpg

DSC00257.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

DSC00261.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00263.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

DSC00835.jpg

barcafan

Reaction score
Definite thinning/receding but minor at the moment.

How does your family history look? That's a really powerful indicator.

JaySizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
well i know every man eventually will go bald.. its whether it comes at an early age which we all dont want, or its later in life when we really could care less about our appearance. i would like to keep a decent head of hair at least maintain what i have now until im 40. who knows.. by then ther emight be a miracle pill that will grow hair 100% instnatly lol. neways. its pretty mixed.. my moms dad was pretty bald. my dad on the other hand is well into his 50s and just started to recede. my uncle from my moms side still has a head of hair and slight recession in his late 40s. for me this could have been going on forever and just at a snail pace. but ive just noticed now and i rather not find out how fast it progresses from this point.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Your crown may have a bit of thinning, however I've seen kids who's crown is like yours (Obviously not balding) simply from the way it grows. See if the hairs seem minaturised there. Your hairline looks to be of little concern in my opinion, obviously there's a bit of recession compared to a juvenile hairline, but I think if you lifted a bunch of 26 year old's fringe like that, 50% of them would look similar to yours and that doesn't mean they'll all be NW3s in a few years...

Petchsky

Reaction score
Your grandad on your mothers side is the biggest indicator of hair loss. I have the same loss as mine to a tee, even the same body, head shape, ears, quite spooky as i didn't realise until i saw a pic of him at my age.

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Your grandad on your mothers side is the biggest indicator of hair loss. I have the same loss as mine to a tee, even the same body, head shape, ears, quite spooky as i didn't realise until i saw a pic of him at my age.

That's surprisingly actualy an urban legend, I just found out this week myself.

And JC if I could give you any advice it would be to drop the min and add the finasteride for the exact reason you listed. You've caught it extremely early and I think Min is really just a waste of your time and money (allthough, that's a REALLY good price you're paying for it).

Don't let the side effects of finasteride scare ya either, they're really really rare and mild. I'm one month in with none at all.

Good luck with the regimen man, keep to it and you'll be just fine.

-DH

Chaaalieboy

Reaction score
^^I agree with this guy^^

If you do get sides tho, they tend to go away after a while. Plus, the finasteride isnt nearly as much of a pain in the *** to deal with.

JaySizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
odie: thanks.. but when i had my head buzzed i couldnt get used to it. it didnt make me look ugly. it was more tha fact that it made me look like a completely diff person. someone i thought i wasnt lol. andi didnt wanna give other ppl that impression as well.

as for most 26 year olds having some recession etc. im sure they do. and ive noticed all my buddys receding and some thinning up top. most of them dont realize it and think im crazy. i may or may not become a nw3 in the near future but for me its sustaining my head of hair as long as i can until im ready to face nature lol.

as for thinning/miniaturizing... there is def. thinning by the hairline(although i know thats normla as some call it baby hairs). but up top im sure there is too. im going to keep a close eye the next 6 mths or so to see if there is any increase of loss of hair.. if so, then i will cut out the min and go on finasteride. the min i initially got to see if it would help my hairline... and hoenstly i see some peach fuzz already

OMGHAIR

Reaction score
Wow! Jay.. Im gotta say Im having exactly same situation as yours. I realized receding front hairline. BTW..Im also an Asian and really care about styling hair. I can imagine a day I become bald. So I have to take an action right now.
Btw, What do you mean Min 2%. What is it ? Can you recommend me a shampoo good for our situation? Cuz i dont wanna use the regular shampoo!

OMGHAIR

Reaction score
What is DHT blocking shampoo and conditioners??
Can you give me the name of brand of it ???

JaySizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
theres a lot of debate for certain products out there... the shampoo i use is nizoral every 3rd day. i use nioxin scalp cleanser and a conditioner called "woodys" that i got from my salon. it contains dht blockers and tea tree oil extract. as for min 2% i rogaine with minoxidil 2%

JaySizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
so i decided as of today i am going ot get off the min for at least a week. lately ive been feeling really shitty as if i was going to rip someones head off and go crazy. it feels as if my heart is going to jump out of my chest and even though im not wheezing it seems like im not getting enough air to my lungs. both of which ive read can be side effects of min. it happens almost in the same time of day. and since i put the min on basically the same time every day, i think thats the cause... at least i hope it is. i dont wanna be developing any type of panick attacks/anxiety issues.

OMGHAIR

Reaction score
JaySizzle said:
theres a lot of debate for certain products out there... the shampoo i use is nizoral every 3rd day. i use nioxin scalp cleanser and a conditioner called "woodys" that i got from my salon. it contains dht blockers and tea tree oil extract. as for min 2% i rogaine with minoxidil 2%

I just went to Rite Aid today..can't find Nizoral 2% ,,they only have Nizoral 1%.. Where did you get the 2 %?
Is the 2%one red and white ??? The 1% is blue and white!! N I also check the MSM.. the smallest bottle costs 10 $! Is price fair compared to wat u bought??

JaySizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
omghair hes saying your nickname is in the top ten

i got 2% because i live in canada where you can get it over the counter. in the states its only 1%

as for the min causing my issues.. i was talking to my gf and figured its probably stress and anxiety. ive been going through a lot of sh*t the past few motnhs and working long hours and i think its finally catching up.. not to mention the fear of losing my hair. i never was the type to instantly freak out when stuff happened so i think everything bottled up. i dont break down emotionally and carry a lot of stress physically. neways. im still going to get off the min for the next week and see what happens. ill get back on it once im better and if my issues reappear then i know the min is the cause. but i have a strong feeling its stress

OMGHAIR

Reaction score
JaySizzle said:
omghair hes saying your nickname is in the top ten

i got 2% because i live in canada where you can get it over the counter. in the states its only 1%

as for the min causing my issues.. i was talking to my gf and figured its probably stress and anxiety. ive been going through a lot of sh*t the past few motnhs and working long hours and i think its finally catching up.. not to mention the fear of losing my hair. i never was the type to instantly freak out when stuff happened so i think everything bottled up. i dont break down emotionally and carry a lot of stress physically. neways. im still going to get off the min for the next week and see what happens. ill get back on it once im better and if my issues reappear then i know the min is the cause. but i have a strong feeling its stress
How is 1% ?? Does it have same efficiency??? I am living in Philly ..! I will check other Pharmacy stores in NY...
Regarding the issue U think caused by Min,, I don't really think so ...The external drug shouldnt cause tat kind of side effect!!! R u on finasteride so far!! Im still considering taking finasteride..but.. scared of its side effect ,,decrease libido!! I heard once u stop finasteride,, ur hair loss will come back again!!! N it will be less efficient after u stop it for a while and take it again!!! If finasteride really affects Libido,,, I wont take it for long time ...

JaySizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
well i realized it was stress not he min. either way.. the side effect of finasteride isnt very common at all. it was like 2% of useres in the study group. i bet theres more than 2% of men with libido issues in general. so yea. you can always stop takin the finasteride neways if you exp such side effects. i am not on finasteride