JeffB's story - (Age 23, I am thinning and need advice)

JeffB

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So the reason I'm posting here is obviously because I'm thinning pretty bad and I'm trying to figure out the reason behind it. I am 22 years old and looking at my old pictures my hairline has been receding since I was around 18 but it didn't really look like anything serious. Last year I started seeing my hairline beginning to disappear rather quickly and looks like I'm approaching a NW1, or maybe NW2 I don't know. Also, the hair on the top of my head has started to thin pretty bad too and I can't even put gel on it anymore cuz it just looks ridiculous when I do. I did read about male pattern baldness but I don't see how I could have possibly inherited as there is not a single person in my family that is bald. Not my grandfather, not my father, and none of my brothers are bald and nobody is showing the signs like they will be. I'm guessing something must be out of balance with the hormones because I do admit that for almost 10 years now I've been pretty sexually active. I lost virginity at age 13, and I was always very sexual with my girlfriends, having sex at least once or twice a day. I was never really without a girlfriend but when I was, I would masturbate quite a lot, even 3-4 times a day for 2 weeks straight. It's bad I know. Also, I've been going through a lot of stress all my life, with parents getting divorced and me moving about 8 times in 10 years, always changing schools and never really having a good relationship with my father until now. Something must be off with my hormones and I'm hoping that is the only reason my hair is thinning. I haven't seen a dermatologist yet but I'm planning to do it next week to see what's up.

What do you guys think my chances are of getting my hair to grow again? Even with a receded hairline, when I used to just comb it forward I looked just fine and nobody could actually tell my hair line wasn't there. I am also changing my lifestyle, I do not masturbate anymore and I don't even have quite as much sex as I once did, maybe 4-5 times a week. Please help me. Thank you.

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: I am thinning and need advice

Masturbating and sex are not causing your hair loss, as they don't; likely it's not stress either as you need a LOT of stress in a given period for it to make your hair fall out. Stress is an over diagnosed cause for a lot of things, anyway.

It's most likely male pattern baldness. It's unfair, it sucks, but it happens. There's definetly someone in your family who's had it, possibly in earlier generations. The common regimin is finasteride (active ingredient in Propecia, but you can get it from other, cheaper medications), minoxidil (Rogaine, or Regaine if you're in Europe), and Nizoral shampoo. There are, however, lots of other treatments that people are using with varying levels of success. You'll need to read around the board to get specific information.

JeffB

Reaction score

Avery said:
Masturbating and sex are not causing your hair loss, as they don't; likely it's not stress either as you need a LOT of stress in a given period for it to make your hair fall out. Stress is an over diagnosed cause for a lot of things, anyway.

This is what I read:

Frequent masturbation and ejaculation stimulate acetylcholine/parasympathetic nervous functions excessively, resulting in the over production of sex hormones and neurotransmitters such as acetylcholine, dopamine and serotonin. Abundant and unusually amount of these hormones and neurotransmitters can cause the brain and adrenal glands to perform excessive dopamine-norepinephrine-epinephrine conversion and turn the brain and body functions to be extremely sympathetic. In other words, there is a big change of body chemistry when a client compulsively masturbates.

For the client engaging in compulsive masturbation, they often experience problems with concentration and memory. This is a dangerous side effect of compulsive masturbation and signals that the brain is being over drained of acetylcholine. This behavior can also drain the motor nerves, neuro-muscular endings, and tissues of acetylcholine and replace it with too much stress adrenalin which is where memory loss, lack of concentration, and eye floaters come from. To fight these symptoms, the chemical levels in their body needs to be balanced.

I'm going to see the Doctor and see what he says. I have changed my lifestyle so maybe there is hope.

kadosh

Established Member
Reaction score

any chance you post some pics ? might give people here a better idea .

ZOIDBERG

Reaction score

JeffB said:
Hey guys,

Last year I started seeing my hairline beginning to disappear rather quickly and looks like I'm approaching a NW1,

You Jamie Foxx or something

JaimeFoxx.jpg

Norwood -2