14265_614268344412_26111281_3558775.jpg

I'm a few months away from 22.

Another

1119090956.jpg

So how bad?

amsch

Reaction score
Re: 21 how bad is it?

Not that bad, but I'm pretty sure it just started. Could you provide some more pics of your current hairline?

jkm

Reaction score

1119091126.jpg

I've heard that a mature hair line is four finger width above your brow line. My hairline is that exactly all the way across, even at the temples.

amsch

Reaction score

jkm said:
1119091126.jpg

I've heard that a mature hair line is four finger width above your brow line. My hairline is that exactly all the way across, even at the temples.

Ok, I'm sorry but I have to tell you this.
You just started balding. Are there balding/bald guys in your family? (no matter which side, father's or mother's).

A "mature hairline" isn't something that you develop within 2-3 years at the age of 18.

jkm

Reaction score
My dad still has all of his hair. My uncles on my mothers side, all in their mid 40s have lost some but not all of their hair.

I've noticed the sharping angles since 19-20.

amsch

Reaction score
jkm said:
My dad still has all of his hair. My uncles on my mothers side, all in their mid 40s have lost some but not all of their hair.

I've noticed the sharping angles since 19-20.
What do you mean with not all of their hair? how bald are they?
How about your uncle's from father's side (if there are any), how about your grandfathers? You need to be more specific.

jkm

Reaction score
My dad has all of his hair at 58. No one is totally bald. They have thinned, some more than others. My grandfather on my fathers side lost some but not all on top and my grandfather on my mothers side still has a little on top at 80.

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score
you should see when they started losing their hair, i doubt anyone has much hair at 80...

jkm

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly, i think 30's mostly. I think that it was very slow for them.

amsch

Reaction score
jkm said:
I'm not sure exactly, i think 30's mostly. I think that it was very slow for them.
To me it seems like you're in denial. All we can do is tell you that it looks like you just started balding, if it gets worse in 6 months, you'll know for sure. Can you pull out some hairs if you pull your hairline/temples?

jkm

Reaction score
Yes I can. But I can when I pull at the back too with the same force, which is not that much.

I'm not in denial anymore. I look at that chart and I see that I'm a classic stage two. Wow I feel old.

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score
jkm said:

30's inst a great time to lose ur hair, the WORST person in my family started losing hair when they were 35 but they had diabetes, id get on propecia straight away, and stay away from minoxidil because i havent had the best experience with it.

jkm

Reaction score
If i pull my hair yes. If I pull at the temples and hair line itself, not really. I m going to see a dermatologist and get a hair cut to see what i can see. I ll keep this thread updated.