Joe Here Thinning at 23(pics attached)

Joe23

Reaction score
Im Joe, Male, 23, natural brown hair and desperately seeking advice

I am experiencing sever thinning and without sounding shallow my hair was the only thing going for me and I am/was known to having a good head of hair. I have made silly mistakes with my hair in the pass believing it was invincible and bleached it blond for almost two years from Dec 2010- Dec 2012 (after having highlight on and off since 2008) I was having the bleach applied straight to my scalp every couple month for roots at a high percentage developer (which my current hairdressers are horrified to hear) anyway despite the abuse to the hair throughout being a blonde it remarkably remained thick and strong so I thought it was going to be fine (how I was wrong)

Eventually about a year ago I decided the up keep around my work life just wasn’t fitting in and eventually I realised the hair wasn’t very flattering anyway as I am pale and looked washed out. So back to hair salon I went and had it coloured back permanently to brown in one hit. To be honest It looked amazing at the start and kept its thick consistency and from that day made decision to never colour again.

However this seems to little to late. A few months later I notice so much thinning and its been getting worse to this very day its embarrassing. I’v been doing loads of creative blow drying to lift the hair and using powder products to tease it up. Admittedly I’ve not noticed any more hairs than usual coming out when washing so it seems to be a bad case of thinning and it’s devastating to see my hair overall looking drab with little consisitency despite trimming, conditioning, thickening products etc.

One of my side hobbies is that I perform in stage productions as well as being an independent vocalist and this is part of my life that has taken a stumble due to the thinning hair. For example I can not slick my hair back as I use to as atthe very front you can see the scalp and I’m so scared about exposing this and don’t want to go down wig route.

All this year I've been self conscious when talking to collogues, customers, on holiday etc and I just haven’t managed to adjust.

What I want to know is do you believe the colouring has been a contributing factor or was it going to happen anyway?

Can anything be done. Endless research online leads to a juggle of conflicting advice and I don't want to do anything or take anything which could ultimately make it worse. I know there no quick fix but any tips and advice would be welcome. I have attached a few photographs to show hair over the years to now from bleached days to recently.

Thanks for your time

Joe Baker

Attachments

• IMG_0842.JPG
    IMG_0842.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1332.JPG
    IMG_1332.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_8999.jpg
    IMG_8999.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 209
  • 532375_10151279855049509_722946389_n.jpg
    532375_10151279855049509_722946389_n.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_9033.jpg
    IMG_9033.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_9034.jpg
    IMG_9034.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 248

Joe23

Reaction score
Thanks Cursed Man. Have you experience good results with this? Are there more natural DHT Blockers that will do a just as good of a job? The side effect of Finasteride do seem well documented however I suppose in desperate case an individual will do whatever it takes.

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
They aren't too bad. Start out with .5 mg everyday and move up to 1 mg. You'll probably end up regretting it if you don't get on.

Joe23

Reaction score
Do DHT blockers have to be taken the rest of your life once you begin to take it? or can you stop once reached result (if any)

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
No natural DHT blocker will save your hair if you have male pattern baldness, and if you have then you've caught it very early and still have a perfect hairline. Finasteride is cheap, and it works for most people. Most people have no sides. I didn't.