John Treck's Story - (22 / (pics) and routine)

john treck

Reaction score
hi, i'm john, i'm new to these forums, although i've been reading them for awhile, this is my first post.

i've been noticing my hair thinning for about 2 years. i'm 22 now, and have been using the foam since september 2008, and began using nioxin system 1 in december (shampoo and conditioner). but i feel like what hair i have is in better condition, but i have less! it's gotten very thin on the crown and top in general as well as in the front and receding. the pics are of now, after using rogaine foam for about 7 1/2 months and the nioxin for about 4 1/2 months.

i'm planning on switching to system 2 using the shampoo conditioner and scalp treatment soon. has anyone used nioxin with good results? and will switching from system 1 to 2 have have any bad impact or be just fine?

i was becoming discouraged again until i read about the hair cycles and how it could take time.. so i'm hoping there's still a chance. does anyone recommend adding anything else to my regime? i went to a doctor a few months ago and was offered the prescription for propecia, but the side effects scared me..

any recommendations, and is it going to get better?

thanks a bunch for any input!

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: my hair loss (pics) and routine

john treck said:
hi, i'm john, i'm new to these forums, although i've been reading them for awhile, this is my first post.

i've been noticing my hair thinning for about 2 years. i'm 22 now, and have been using the foam since september 2008, and began using nioxin system 1 in december (shampoo and conditioner). but i feel like what hair i have is in better condition, but i have less! it's gotten very thin on the crown and top in general as well as in the front and receding. the pics are of now, after using rogaine foam for about 7 1/2 months and the nioxin for about 4 1/2 months.

i'm planning on switching to system 2 using the shampoo conditioner and scalp treatment soon. has anyone used nioxin with good results? and will switching from system 1 to 2 have have any bad impact or be just fine?

i was becoming discouraged again until i read about the hair cycles and how it could take time.. so i'm hoping there's still a chance. does anyone recommend adding anything else to my regime? i went to a doctor a few months ago and was offered the prescription for propecia, but the side effects scared me..

any recommendations, and is it going to get better?

thanks a bunch for any input!

stop wasting time and go on finasteride asap

john treck

Reaction score
sorry about the large pictures, i'm not exactly sure how to shrink them :x

is that my only option?? start using finasteride or else i'm doomed :(
financially trying to start going on it with the minoxidil is going to be a little tuff.
if i get propecia, would it be safe to start splitting them and taking .5mg a day instead of the full dose? do i just cut them with a knife or something?

Nighthair

Established Member
Reaction score
john treck said:
sorry about the large pictures, i'm not exactly sure how to shrink them :x

is that my only option?? start using finasteride or else i'm doomed :(
financially trying to start going on it with the minoxidil is going to be a little tuff.
if i get propecia, would it be safe to start splitting them and taking .5mg a day instead of the full dose? do i just cut them with a knife or something?

I recommend you to just take a propecia pill every day.

JonJon

Reaction score
start with propecia and nizoral shampoo....wait like 6-9 months and if you aren't seeing results then start doing rogaine. I recommend this just because rogaine is so much more of a hassle than propecia is and isn't a DHT inhibitor just a growth stimulant.

This is why I actually am wary of rogaine...just because it's a pain and since I have medium length hair it'll be more of a hassle than normal.

john treck

Reaction score
i got a prescription today for propecia, and am going to start using it along with nizoral every 3 days or so, and see what happens! thanks everyone, i'll keep you all posted. :)

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
your still using minoxidil right

i believe you said you have been using it for 7 months or sooo

you hair does become dependent on min

john treck

Reaction score
i was going to stop using it, should i slowly wan off of it? or should i keep using it? i was going to stop but maybe i could try once a day instead of twice?

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
well how long have you been using the minoxidil for?

7 months?.......or more?

i hate to say it but stopping after a substantial amount of time could shock your follicles that are dependent on the vasodilatation proprieties of minoxidil

its your call but if i were you i would read some "i shouldn't of quit minoxidil threads"

and then make the call you want to stop using it

and if your going to continue using it why not twice a day? it usually does a better job if used twice a day

the big three have synergistic effects and the best results if all used together in harmony

john treck

Reaction score
i've been using it for about 8 months now. i wanted to stop using it twice a day because it was sort of a hassle, using it once before bedtime would be more manageable, but i'd do twice if need be. i was planning on stopping but i'm going read into it and see, i don't want to mess anything up!

john treck

Reaction score
i'm going to continue on the foam, and have started using the rest of the big 3. thanks for the help everyone, i'll keep you posted on results! :)

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
john treck said:
i'm going to continue on the foam, and have started using the rest of the big 3. thanks for the help everyone, i'll keep you posted on results! :)

best of luck bud keep us posted

john treck

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I wanted to post an update. I had been using rogain foam and nioxin shampoo and conditioner for about 8 months with no noticeable results. 22 years old, soon to be 23. Advice from fellow forum members told me to get on propecia and use nizeral. I've been on propecia for about 3 months and using the shampoo every 3 days. I use rogain foam twice daily, and nioxin system 2 shampoo and conditioner daily also.

pics from 3 months ago- (after 8 months of foam and nioxin no improvement)

77762750.jpg

56321243.jpg

pics from now, 3 months of nioxin, foam, and propecia 1mg daily, nizeral every 3 days.

45472599.jpg

11615806.jpg

54663491.jpg

guess it's still to early to expect any results, just wanted to give everyone an update and see if anyone had any thoughts.

Jon

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
try nanominox-fms or -ms (these versions have minoxidil-sulfate)

i added nanominox-ms to my regime (used 2 times now )
as far as i readed is sulfate 14x more potent then regular minoxidil...

if i where you i would use this ones a day minimum , you can switch with
regular minoxidil... (night : nanominox-fms / day : regular minoxidil)

a bottle is 100ml so if you use it ones a day or switch with regular minoxidil it
would last 100 days...

it could boost your hairgrowth if you check out the stuff inside this minoxidil...