John489's Story - (Age 23, started thinning @ 16, with pics)

John489

Reaction score
I’m currently 23 years of age, dirty blonde hair. When I was 16 my hair had already started to thin a tiny bit in the front and the temples, nothing severe but especially at that age it’s a big deal for a teenager, luckily my hair didn’t recede as fast as I thought it would.

It’s not that my hair falls out, my hair is fairly dark dirty blonde, but in the front section and especially the temples the hair will be lighter, thinner, until the hair is white and so thin that it just turns into a peachy fuzz, and after that it completely disappears. I thought it would stop at a certain point but it seems to be going further and further back.

I can hide it fairly well because of my hair color, it can almost look like I have highlights in my hair.

I wanted to know what you guys would recommend best for stopping the thinning and eventual dissaperance of the hair. I don’t know if I have a defect or if it’s just my natural adult hair line forming, I just wish that it stopped at a certain point but it seems to be going further back and my hair is always much thinner and lighter in the front.

I know this is nothing to severe but I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thanks allot for taking the time to read this.

Cheers

Here are some pictures

DSC00478.jpg

DSC00759.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

As you can see in this last image, all the hair in the front is going to get thinner, whiter, until it just disappears.
DSC00760.jpg

Pondle

Reaction score
Re: Thinning hair in the front question, please help

It doesn't look too bad at all to me, possibly the develoment of an ordinary mature hairline?

However, if you perceive a definite marked difference and are sufficiently concerned, then we almost always recommend the same three treatments ("The Big 3"):
1. Finasteride (Propecia or 1/5 of a Proscar tablet daily)
2. Minoxidil (Rogaine or a generic brand, applied twice daily)
3. Nizoral (used 2-3 times a week)

All are reviewed and explained in more detail on the main site. Suffice to say that finasteride lowers your level of DHT, the male hormone chiefly responsible for hairloss (with hardly any useful functions in the adult body); minoxidil is a growth stimulant; and the active ingredient in Nizoral, ketoconazole, seems to interfere with the binding of male hormones to receptors in the hair follicle.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: Thinning hair in the front question, please help

It might be just a mature hairline.

John489

Reaction score
Re: John489's story

It may well be a mature hairline forming, but why has it been happening since i was 16 and is still happening, i wish i just had a defined hairline with one thickness of hair. Is their a reason that its taking so long rather then just forming into a mature hairline within a year lets say?

RaginDemon

Reaction score

nobody can tell you why, its your genetic code.

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score

I had a similar thing except my hair was a bit more brown all over, same style as yours is now then when I was about 18 the front part was all nearly all white but the same length like how you describe. Since then it crept up on me big time! I think it's still there now just a lot thinner hairs in fact, but it's hard to tell whether you'll go bald so don't be too alarmed by my story. I knew the was a high chance because both my grandfathers are bald, my dad and all his brothers are and my mum's brother is.

Do you have any family history of male pattern baldness?

My advice is same as Pondle's, if it gets any worse try those treatments. All the best to you!

RaginDemon

Reaction score

:agree:

John489

Reaction score

Thanks for the advice again

The only people to be bald in my family is my dads half brother, anyhow if the condition gets worse i may consider trying Nizoral shampoo.

Theirs some other shampoo's i heard about but i'm assuming most of them are jokes compared to the results Nizoral has given.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

if your father is bald, then you have a fairly good chance to be bald.