Johnny Redblood's story A Coming of Age Story

Johnny Redblood

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I would like to share my hair-loss story if I may. I am a 28 years old male, but I first started to notice that my hair-line was receding when I was about 21 years old. I was troubled by it at first, but it wasn't that big of deal as I could cover it with my hair easily because it's fairly thick. It's been a painful gradual process for me, but I guess it's better than going immediately to the horse shoe style.

I avoid going out windy days and pools now lol. Also, if people are over and I just showered, I always make sure to blow-dry my hair lest they see me completely exposed. I know it's lame and they probably already notice, but I still do it nonetheless.

I took the Rogaine route, but didn't like the idea of rubbing chemicals on my scalp, besides I know it only works for so long so I opted not to deal with it. I know you are supposed to lose your hair in the beginning application phase, but I've heard stories where it never grows back even after consistently using the "vaunted" Rogaine formula for a long period of time. Lastly, Propecia and it's side effects give me the creeps. I can still bring in some tail, so I don't want to have my equipment malfunction or fall into some deep depression because of that crap.

I'm currently just using Aubrey Organics - Primrose & Lavender Shampoo, Jojoba Oil shampoo, Biotin Shampoo. I generally try and rotate them around. I've probably been using them for about 4-6 months. I'm joining this forum so that I can get the point of views of others going through this crappy process of losing their hair and perhaps getting their opinion on my "damage" so to speak.

Anyways, I'll stop blabbing, but I've attached some photos of my hair line. Please let me know if you think it's a hairline that may hold for many years or will continue to make a hasty retreat. I guess which number on the Norwood scale too would be helpful! Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• Photo 682.jpg
    Photo 682.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,203
  • Photo 686.jpg
    Photo 686.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 190
  • Photo 693.jpg
    Photo 693.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Photo 651.jpg
    Photo 651.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,176

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
Re: My Hairloss: A Coming of Age Story

dark pictures dont show anymore than a mature hairline

in those pics ...you look fine bro

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Re: My Hairloss: A Coming of Age Story

Me+finasteride=3.5 years of no side effects....unless you count my hairloss stopping as a side-effect.

Stop freaking out about side effects. If they were REALLY that prevalent, then the drug wouldn't be on the market. Propeciahelp would have you believe that you will be fucked up for the rest of your life if you take one pill. Not true.

Trust me, I was in your shoes at one point. I got scared away from finasteride for around 2 years before I started it. I now have a pretty thin spot on my crown because of it. Lesson learned for me, but I hope you don't make the same mistake. Sooner or later you're going to have to make that choice...I just hope it doesn't come at a point where it's too late.

dboy

Reaction score
raw:...

Please stop advising people to take propecia, or finasteride...Maybe you didn't suffer any kinda of side effects, But there are men including myself...who have permanent impotence, no libido, depression, to name a few. I am happy that finasteride is working for you, but do not tell people to take finasteride or else. Let he or she make his own choice. If i had to do it again...I would never ever take finasteride or Propecia, even if it meant having a BALD HEAD.....

Thanks

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Dboy...

Please stop advising people to not take propecia, or finasteride...Maybe you did suffer side effects, but a vast majority of men, including myself have had no, or very slight, side effects. I am sad that finasteride didn't work for you, but do not tell people to not take finasteride or else. Let he or she make his own choice. If i had to do it again...I would still take finasteride or Propecia, because it's meant not having a BALD HEAD.....

Thanks

mashang

Established Member
Reaction score
No side effects for me either and i have been on it for just over a year,
would like more regrowth though lol

i weaned myself on .5mg and then went up to the full dose,
so maybe that is a approach to consider ?